Personal Support Worker (PSW)
at Luther Village on the Park (Lutherwood) in Waterloo
Lutherwood is dedicated to supporting communities where all children, youth, adults and families experience mental wellness, financial stability, and a safe place to live. We celebrate diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Candidates of all ethnicities, race, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities and beliefs are encouraged to apply.
There are several casual positions starting May 7, 2020 working various hours per week.
POSITION TITLE: Personal Support Worker
REPORTS TO: PSW Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Luther Village on the Park
LOCATION: 141 Father David Bauer Drive, Waterloo
• Responsible to the Director of Resident Care. Responsible for assisting residents with the activities of daily living, including strategies to cope with and manage inappropriate behaviours.
• Promotes the health and well being of the residents.
• Maintains confidentiality of information relating to residents and their families.
• Provides daily completion of electronic documentation in resident care system(s).
YOUR TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to communicate with people and be open to direction.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, problem solve and work independently and as part of a multi service delivery team.
• A sound understanding and empathy for the needs of seniors and their families.
• Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and sound judgment.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Basic computer skills needed with an ability to learn new programs and willingness to embrace new technologies as they relate to the health care field.
• Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service.
• A Health Care Aide/Personal Support Worker Certificate from an accredited school or equivalent preferred. Must have a Grade 12 education.
HOW TO APPLY:
We want to know more about you and how you can help us to achieve our Mission. Please Submit resume, in confidence, no later than 4 pm on May 1, 2020 to:
141 Father David Bauer Drive
Waterloo, ON N2L 6N9
Fax: (519) 884-1042
(Please include job title in subject line)
*** When applying, please state you heard about this position from The Region of Waterloo***
This is an Internal and External posting.
Lutherwood requires all employees to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment. We require certain positions to obtain a Medical Certification. If you require accommodation for submitting your application, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 519-707-1958 ext. 1190.
JD: Jen F