at Trinity Village in Kitchener
Cook, Cook Assistant Job Description
Candidates are invited to apply for the Casual position of Cook/ Cook Assistant in a 150 bed long-term care facility, located in Kitchener, Ontario. This role will assist in the kitchen and the Café as needed.
Reporting to the Nutrition Manager, follows established policies, procedures and standards, prepares and serves food for the residents, including the more complex meal preparation for the facility (dinner, sauces, desserts etc.), cleans production area and equipment. Creative cooking and catering of special events and meals, as required.
- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
- Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal following standardized recipes and production sheets.
- Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture.
- Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Nutrition Manger/Food Services Supervisor, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Manager of problems. Recommends corrective action.
- Directs Food Service Workers in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Nutrition Manger/Food Services Supervisor, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Willingness to function as a member of the Food Service Team.
- Successful completion of the Safe Food Handling Program offered by the Public Health Department.
- Successful completion of an approved Food Service Worker Program.
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred.
Trinity Village Care Centre requires all new hires to submit a valid TB test, mandatory proof of flu shot, and Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check prior to start date. Trinity Village Care Centre offers competitive compensation.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process. Applicants are requested to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to help Trinity Village best support their request for accommodation in the assessment process, and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position.
Please add Cook to your subject line
To Apply: submit your resume to the Region of Waterloo Employment Ontario Program and a Job Developer will screen and forward your resume if applicable:
Job Developer: Patb
Recent jobs at Trinity Village