at Trinity Village in Kitchener
Recreationist Job Description
Trinity Village is currently seeking a Casual Recreationist to join our Recreation/Programming Department. This position provides elders’ with opportunities for meaningful engagement, spontaneity and community connectedness through social, cognitive, physical, emotional and spiritual programs that are compatible with their interests, preferences and needs.
This position provides support to the 150 elders living in the home as well as 30 participants in the Day Program for Seniors.
We are looking for a motivated, well-rounded individual who is committed to providing compassionate quality program specifically geared to persons living with dementia.
All candidates must have:
- A degree or diploma in Recreation Therapy from a recognized University or College
- Knowledge of Montessori based programs/activities for people with dementia is required
- Knowledge of P.I.E.C.E.S., Teepa Snow, and Eden Alternative would be an asset
- Knowledge of RAI MDS and Point Click Care
- Member in Good Standing with Recreation Professionals of Ontario and/or Therapeutic Recreation Ontario
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record check
- Current CPR and First Aid accreditation
- An F class driver’s license would be an asset
- Music skills/knowledge an asset
Preference will be given to those with experience in a long term care setting. Some evening and weekend work is required.
Trinity Village Care Centre requires all new hires to submit a valid TB test and clear Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check prior to start date. Trinity Village Care Centre offers competitive compensation.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants' treating physician outlining their functional limitations
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please add Recreational Assistant to your subject line
To Apply: submit your resume to the Region of Waterloo Employment Ontario Program and a Job Developer will screen and forward your resume if applicable:
Job Developer: Patb
Recent jobs at Trinity Village