Registered Nurse - Initially temporary due to Covid19
at Trinity Village in Kitchener
Covid safety measures in place
Registered Nurse Job Description
Trinity Village Care Centre is home to 150 residents and is seeking a driven individual who is motivated by improving healthcare in the community. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of healthcare with Trinity Village Care Centre?
We offer an exceptional work environment based on utilizing an individual's natural strengths and abilities while providing excellent opportunities. We are looking for Registered Nurses who are flexible and interested in gaining experience and knowledge in the non-profit long term care sector.
As the Nurse Manager you will be responsible for the medical and nursing care provided to the residents in the houses. The Nurse Manager is a liaison with physicians, staff, residents and family to ensure quality resident care at the Trinity Village Long Term Care division.
Responsibilities and Duties
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the Trinity Village Care Centre Mission, Values and Vision.
- Adopt and put into action the 10 Principles of the Eden Alternative style of long term care management and ensuring safety for both residents and staff at all times.
- Directs and provides nursing care in accordance with established nursing standards and principles, physicians' orders and administrative polices. Observes reports, and records vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents and initiates remedial health measures where appropriate. Ensures skills used in nursing care are consistent with standards of practice, guidelines and legislation.
- Prepares, implements, reviews and evaluates the resident care plans and monitors summaries; monitors residents' health, notes changes in condition and assesses need for referral to doctors or other service providers; maintains contact with physicians and processes and implements physician’s orders.
- Administers medications or directs RPNs in administration of medications as prescribed and observes changes in condition resulting from medications; monitors the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics/controlled drugs.
- Advocates for resident needs, i.e. meetings such as multidisciplinary conferences, continuous quality assurance issues and other forums.
- Interprets and implements established polices, procedures and regulations being aware of ethical issues. Maintains confidentiality at all times as per the policy in place.
- Maintains resident records in compliance with established standards and legislative requirements.
- Plans, directs and monitors the work of nursing and personal care staff. Orients and trains new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Participates in the performance appraisal process and shares concerns with the Director of Resident Care/ or designate.
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for the home as required.
- Ensures the availability and maintenance of nursing supplies and equipment.
- Assists in the admission, discharge and assessment processes.
Qualifications and Skills
Trinity Village Care Centre has been recognized as a Top Employer and offers competitive compensation including benefits.
Applicants/New Hires are required to submit a clear TB test, current flu shot verification,clear Vulnerable Police Checks, and proof of registration as an RN.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process. Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants' treating physician outlining their functional limitations
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please add Registered Nurse to your subject line
To Apply: submit your resume to the Region of Waterloo Employment Ontario Program and a Job Developer will screen and forward your resume if applicable:
Job Developer: Patb