RPN and PSW's
at The Westhill in Waterloo
- The Westhill Retirement Home
Located on a quiet cul de sac, in a park like setting, The Westhill by Sifton offers a continuum of supportive living for active seniors, where comfort and security are seamlessly integrated for the best in worry-free living. We are committed to the creation and ongoing support of an outstanding life experience for every resident.
RPNs and PSWs
Employment: Temporary Full Time (FT) (6 Months)
We are seeking a compassionate, caring and reliable RPN's and PWS's.
Under the direction of the Resident Wellness Manager, RPN's you will provide all aspects of nursing care based on wellness promotion and nursing best practice, and direct the duties of personal care staff.
Personal Support Worker role is responsible for providing personal care and assistance in activities of daily living for the residents, as well as assigned cleaning and personal resident laundry as requested.
Applicants must be able to work various shifts as required.
This position includes weekends.
• Maintain resident records and required documentation in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
• Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents.
• Administer medications and observe changes in condition resulting from medications. Monitor the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
• Participate in orientation and in-service programs or standing committees as assigned by the Wellness Manager or General Manager.
• Supervise Personal Support Workers giving care and monitor any agency staff.
• Communicate with resident families, and keep family members updated on any changes in a resident's status.
• Distributes meal trays to residents in their rooms as required.
• Answers all resident calls promptly as requested by the Charge Nurse.
• Assists with all aspects of residents' daily living.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Current certification with College of Nurses of Ontario and medication certificate or Successful completion of recognized Personal Support Worker program.
• Current CPR and First Aid training required
• Commitment to continual learning and professional development
• Strong assessment, clinical and documentation skills
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to organize resident care, using a total patient care approach, interacting with patients and families in an effort to promote wellbeing and independence
• Sound initiative, judgment and decision-making skills.
• Strong team player.
• Previous experience in cleaning responsibilities an asset.
To Apply :
*No paper resumes are being accepted as our Welcome Centres are currently closed to the public. Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the Covid-19 Crisis. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
Please add PSW or RPN to your subject line
To Apply: submit your resume to the Region of Waterloo Employment Ontario Program and a Job Developer will screen and forward your resume if applicable:
Job Developer: Patb