Warehouse Team Member / Order Picker
at Bunzl Canada Inc. in Cambridge
Immediate Opening: Warehouse Worker - CONTRACT
Rate of Pay: $16.00 / per hour
Bunzl Distribution owns and operates more than 100 warehouses. With more than 4,000 employees and 400,000-plus supply items, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America. Worldwide sales are in excess of $8.5 billion.
Bunzl Canada is part of Bunzl Distribution, Inc. and supplies a range of products including outsourced food packaging, disposable supplies, as well as cleaning and safety products to food processors, supermarkets, non-food retailers, convenience stores and other users.
Bunzl Safety (formerly McCordick), has been, and will continue to be, the leader in the Personal Safety Equipment Industry market throughout Canada. Providing an ever-growing group of companies and organizations with the mostextensive line of Personal Safety Equipment., McCordick is truly the Single Source for providing protection fromhead to toe!
Bunzl Safety is seeking individuals to join our organization for 3 to 4 months as a Warehouse Team Member/OrderPicker. This need is immediate as we continue to service the Supply Chain needed to keep Canada safe duringthese unique times.
This position will be responsible for accurately picking and wrapping customer orders and loading pallets onto delivery trucks, with the usage of a forklift. The ideal candidate must be well suited to work in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Pick customer orders indicated on pick tickets. Wrap pallets and load trucks for in-town deliveries.
• Wrap and label pallets for out-of-town deliveries and pick-ups.
• File pick tickets by date.
• Conduct bin walk nightly, checking empty bins.
• Remove empty pallets out of racks.
• Maintain assigned row in a neat and orderly manner – aligns pallet in slots; level load slots.
• Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly manner – empty garbage and sweep aisles and staging area daily asrequired.
• Complete daily activity worksheet.
• Performs other duties as assigned by shift supervisor or manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must be able to lift in excess of 25 kgs and frequent lifting on average of 10 to 15 kgs
• Reliable and punctual
• Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
• Possess a positive attitude and must be a team player
• RF Scanner experience a plus
Bunzl Canada Inc. is committed to inclusiveness and accessibility. Accommodations are available upon request under the respective provincial Human Rights Codes and will be addressed confidentially. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
How To Apply:
Please send resumes to: Talent@bunzlcanada.ca
Only applicants moving forward will be contacted.
***When applying, please state you heard about this opportunity from The Region of Waterloo***
JD: Jen F