Security Guard (Security Team Member)
at Securitas in Cambridge
As a purpose-led company, Securitas employees are united across the country and around the globe. Our purpose serves as a consistent reminder of why our work is so important to our colleagues, clients and the community. Safety is a basic premise for all of us to enjoy life with friends and family as well as to succeed at work. Threats to our safety are ever increasing and becoming more complex, and we help make your world a safer place. Our employees are guided by our 3 values: Integrity, Helpfulness and Vigilance. With over 370,000 employees globally, we have surpassed our competitors by providing quality service year after year. If you are looking to join an elite team of Security Professionals, Securitas is the employer of choice. We love to hire top talent.
Position: Security Guard (Security Team Member)
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Cambridge, ON
Shift details: Various Rotating 12-hour shifts, including Days, Nights, and Weekends
The Security Team Member is responsible for all aspects of perimeter security including access & egress of persons and vehicles on site throughout the duration of their shift.
• Conduct Mobile patrols of all premises.
• Complete concise incident reports for all deficiencies.
• Monitor traffic flow through entrances and exits as well as deter any trespassers.
• Provide access control and vehicle searches.
• Perform front entrance reception duties as required.
• Conduct random bag checks as directed.
• Provide support to cover all designated site posts as directed.
• Follow post orders, and site policies and procedures.
• Understand and promote the Securitas Quality objectives: Integrity, Vigilance, Helpfulness.
• Perform daily inspection and maintenance of security patrol vehicles and report deficiencies.
• Protect staff and contractors on site.
• Follow security breach procedures by notifying supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
• Valid Ontario Security License.
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate.
• Class G Driver’s License.
• Minimum Grade 12 or GED equivalent.
• Law & Security, Police Foundations, or equivalent post-secondary diploma.
• Previous security experience preferred.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Intermediate level use MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint).
• Previous experience using Lenel software considered an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to respond to situations with tact and diplomacy and remain calm in stressful situations.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask required.
How to Apply:
Attention Job Developer: Jen F.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
Please add “Security Team Member” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted
*No paper resumes are being accepted as our Welcome Centres are currently closed to the public. Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
Recent jobs at Securitas