Security Guard - Floater (Casual, on call)
at Securitas (Anywhere)
As a purpose-led company, Securitas employees are united across the country and around the globe. Our purpose serves as a consistent reminder of why our work is so important to our colleagues, clients and the community. Safety is a basic premise for all of us to enjoy life with friends and family as well as to succeed at work. Threats to our safety are ever increasing and becoming more complex, and we help make your world a safer place. Our employees are guided by our 3 values: Integrity, Helpfulness and Vigilance. With over 370,000 employees globally, we have surpassed our competitors by providing quality service year after year. If you are looking to join an elite team of Security Professionals, Securitas is the employer of choice. We love to hire top talent.
Position: Security Guard - Floater
Status: Casual, On-call
Location: Cambridge, Kitchener, Guelph
Pay: $14.26 - $18.00
Positions Available: 10
The Casual, On-Call Security Guard is part of the Floater pool of guards, available on an on-call basis to follow post orders in accordance with their site assignment. Responsibilities may include conducting regular patrols of the premises, completing incident reports, and controlling access & egress of persons and/or vehicles on site throughout the duration of their shift.
- Conduct patrols of all internal and external premises as outlined in post orders.
- Complete concise incident reports for all deficiencies.
- Monitor traffic flow through entrances and exits as well as deter any trespassers.
- Sign in contractors, employees and visitors.
- Follow post orders, and site policies and procedures.
- Understand and promote the Securitas Quality objectives: Integrity, Vigilance, Helpfulness.
- Protect staff and contractors on site.
- Follow security breach procedures by notifying supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
- Valid Ontario Security License.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Class G Driver’s license.
- Use of a personal vehicle to travel to work site.
- Ability to work assigned shifts which may include days, nights, and weekends.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate level use MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) preferred.
- Previous experience using Vision device considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong telephone skills.
- Ability to respond to situations with tact and diplomacy and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask required.
How to Apply:
Attention Job Developer: Jen F.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
Please add “Security Guard - Floater” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted
*No paper resumes are being accepted as our Welcome Centres are currently closed to the public. Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
Recent jobs at Securitas