at Securitas in Guelph
As a purpose-led company, Securitas employees are united across the country and around the globe. Our purpose serves as a consistent reminder of why our work is so important to our colleagues, clients and the community. Safety is a basic premise for all of us to enjoy life with friends and family as well as to succeed at work. Threats to our safety are ever increasing and becoming more complex, and we help make your world a safer place. Our employees are guided by our 3 values: Integrity, Helpfulness and Vigilance. With over 370,000 employees globally, we have surpassed our competitors by providing quality service year after year. If you are looking to join an elite team of Security Professionals, Securitas is the employer of choice. We love to hire top talent.
Position: Security Guard - Access Control
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Shift: Rotational 12-hour shifts, including days, nights, and weekends
*If you are licensed, willing to travel to Guelph, and able to stand for long periods of time, we could use you to support an opening that we have at a bank – straight days, M-F
The Security Guard is responsible for all aspects of interior and perimeter security, including access & egress of persons and vehicles on site throughout the duration of their shift.
• Conduct patrols of all internal and external premises.
• CCTV Monitoring
• Complete concise incident reports for all deficiencies.
• Monitor traffic flow through entrances and exits as well as deter any trespassers.
• Sign in contractors, employees and visitors
• Perform exterior trailer checks upon arrival and departure.
• Patrol building interior every hour
• Follow post orders, and site policies and procedures.
• Understand and promote the Securitas Quality objectives: Integrity, Vigilance, Helpfulness.
• Protect staff and contractors on site.
• Follow security breach procedures by notifying supervisors or other appropriate personnel when security breaches occur.
• Valid Ontario Security License.
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate.
• Class G Driver’s license.
• Use of a personal vehicle to travel to work site.
• Ability to work full-time hours, on a rotating schedule including days, nights, and weekends.
• Previous security experience preferred.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Intermediate level use MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
• Previous experience using Vision device preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong telephone skills.
• Ability to respond to situations with tact and diplomacy and remain calm in stressful situations.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask required
How to Apply:
Attention Job Developer: Jen F.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
Please add “Security Guard - Guelph” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted
*No paper resumes are being accepted as our Welcome Centres are currently closed to the public. Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
Recent jobs at Securitas