Environmental Services Aide
at Grand River Hospital in Kitchener
POSITION: Unscheduled Part Time Environmental Services Aide – (Unifor Service Union)
$20.51/hour plus in lieu of benefits and vacation pay
WHAT DOES UNSCHEDULED PART TIME MEAN?
Successful candidates will provide a minimum of 22.5 hours of availability per week. Shifts are then scheduled based on operational requirements in accordance with your availability. Available hours vary based on seasonal, vacation, and sick requirements. Grand River Hospital cannot guarantee hours.
HOURS OF WORK:
7.5 Hour Shifts – Must have Availability for Day, Evening, Night and Weekend shifts required.
The Environmental Services Aide contributes to providing a safe and clean environment for Grand River Hospital’s patients, staff, and visitors.
Duties include: mopping, vacuuming, equipment cleaning, changing drapes, collecting laundry and garbage, floor care, wall washing, vent and ceiling cleaning, and other housekeeping duties as required.
Cleaning areas include clinical and non-clinical space: patient rooms, common areas, meeting rooms, washrooms, staff areas, and other specialty areas as required.
- Previous experience in a janitorial/housekeeping position is an asset, but not required
- Must be available for a minimum of 22.5 hours per week
- Must be able to multi-task and perform duties efficiently under limited supervision
- Ability to operate machinery – buffers, floor scrubbers, etc.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to push, pull and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to climb ladders
- Must be able to provide direct supervisor work reference
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
WHY WORK AT GRAND RIVER HOSPITAL?
- Competitive wage ($20.51/hour) and additional pay in lieu of benefits (14%) and vacation pay (4%)
- Optional participation in Defined Benefit pension plan after 6 months of employment
- LRT Stop in front of the main entrance
- Discounted GRT passes available to Staff (Save up to $400 per year)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (Confidential 24/7 support)
- GRH Social Club
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Retail Pharmacy Discounts
- Awards of Excellence Program
- Long Service Awards Program
Recent jobs at Grand River Hospital