Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
at Sunbeam Centre in Kitchener
Sunbeam Centre is a multi-site, multi-faceted organization providing client supports, day program and other services for individuals with a developmental disability.
We are currently seeking high performers for part time Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) positions who possess drive, determination and a passion for supporting high behaviour individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We are in search of individuals that can commit to day, afternoon, evening and overnight shifts along with short notice shifts when needed. In return we offer a competitive wage, training opportunities including a comprehensive orientation and NCI training, a positive and supportive work environment, and a chance to grow your career in the Developmental Services Sector.
As a member of a support team, RPNs in our group homes will work in conjunction with a Multi-Disciplinary team to ensure a welcoming, safe and healthy living environment for clients including those with challenging aggressive behaviours. You will be required to assist clients with: Developmental Programming, Community Outings, Activities of Daily Living, Behaviour Interventions and Medication Administration.
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Current membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Knowledge and experience in supporting individuals with Developmental Disabilities, Physical Disabilities, Dual Diagnosis, Autism, Challenging and Aggressive Behaviours and Complex Medical Needs
- Demonstrated commitment in implementing communication and behavioural support plans in conjunction with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and support Person Centered Planning
- Strong commitment to supporting individuals in becoming more involved in their communities
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs, electronic record keeping and data collection systems
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s License (G2 minimum) and willingness to drive any of the agency vehicles
- Able to successfully complete and provide a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Able to work a variety of shifts including days, afternoons, evenings and overnight shifts along with short notice shifts when needed
- Able to commit to working up to three shifts per week/up to 24 hours per week (Monday – Sunday) and two out of three weekends
If you have a passion for supporting individuals and contributing positively to their lives please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Attention Job Developer: Jen F.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
Please add “Sunbeam Centre - RPN” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
*No paper resumes are being accepted as our Welcome Centres are currently closed to the public. Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
Recent jobs at Sunbeam Centre