Structural Steel Estimator
at Trylon Inc. in Elmira
The Structural Steel Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates for structural steel manufacturing projects and maintaining project documentation and coordinating resources, equipment, meeting and information with the goal of getting all projects completed on time and within budget.
Rate of Pay: $55,000, depending on experience
- Receive RFQs and initiate quoting process, providing additional support to obtain missing information, clarifications and approvals as needed.
- Create and maintain quote/order folders and filing of pertinent documents
- Review documents and drawings to summarize the scope of supply, identify special requirements and address areas of concern.
- Specification review to summarize scope of supply, identify special requirements and concerns
- Development of cost estimates and quotes
- Submit quotes to customers via email and follow-up on opportunities to secure the work, providing technical expertise to customers as needed throughout the process.
- Enter sales orders for custom product orders and maintain program tracking sheet for large projects
- Submit construction drawing packages to customers and initiate transportation of products to destination
- Liaison with Engineering and Production to ensure orders are on schedule, and notify customers when orders are complete and ready-to-ship
- Initiate transportation of products to destination
- Provide customer support for field reported quality issues and provide suitable corrective actions through the support of all available resources
- Collect as-built documentation from contractor and customer and initiate completion of as-build drawing packages.
- Relevant post-secondary education from an accredited university or college.
- Two years plus related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solid organizational skills including multi-tasking and time management
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance/control
- Must be able to read engineering and architectural drawing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- EXPERIENCE IN FABRICATION AND/OR WELDKING AN ASSET.
We offer a full and competitive benefits package after 3 months of employment which includes:
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Prescription Coverage
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Group RRSP with Company Match
How to Apply:
Job Developer: Krista A.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
or Drop off at any Region of Waterloo Employment Resource Centre
Please add “Structural Steel Estimator” to the subject line
as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
Recent jobs at Trylon Inc.