at Classic Car Wash & Storage in Cambridge
WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
Position Location: 375 Franklin Blvd, Cambridge, ON N1R 8G7 Position Reports To: Director of Operations and President
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday. Evenings, weekends, and some overtime hours may be required to accommodate business demands and position requirements.
WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU! Are you a self-motivated, driven person with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to ambitiously take a lead role in managing a property and growing its success? If the answer is yes, Classic Car Wash & Storage has the perfect opportunity for you to build on your managerial skillset, while professionally growing and developing in an entrepreneurial position on our team!
THE POSITION: PROPERTY MANAGER (it’s kind of like you’re your own boss!) Reporting to the Director of Operations and the President, the Property Manager is solely responsible for efficiently and effectively managing all day-to-day operations of Classic Car Wash & Storage property in Cambridge. The job incumbent must ambitiously take the lead role in all aspects of the business including efficiently operating the storage facility to maximize occupancy rates, managing rental agreements, collecting payments, following up with delinquencies, increasing car wash volumes, providing excellent customer service, and keeping the property in great shape through light maintenance and frequent property walks.
You will use your Expertise to:
• Respond to all customer queries (i.e. walk-ins, phone calls, e-mails) in a timely manner and follow up on all storage facility sales leads.
• Ensure storage units are rented out and occupied with paying clients. Occupancy rates should remain at 95% or higher based on industry standards.
• Ensure exceptional service and customer satisfaction always.
• Receive and process all payments.
• Review, maintain, and keep up with all rental applications and records of payment for all storage units.
• Make collection calls and send reminder notices and/or overdue notices. Follow up with and manage delinquencies efficiently and effectively.
• Maintain a clean and safe facility ensuring that all vacant, rentable storage units are clean and ready to show to potential clients
• Ensure that unpaid or abandoned storage units are accounted for and that the contents of such units are filmed and uploaded to the online auction site; manage online auctions.
• Promote car wash services to all potential clients.
• Lead market initiatives for the car wash to help drive revenue, promote fundraising opportunities, and direct updates to advertising and/or social media platforms.
• Ensure the car wash is properly maintained (i.e. site cleanliness, equipment/maintenance repair, chemical care and quality of the wash service).
• Handle customer issues in a fair and consistent manner.
We’d REALLY like to meet you if you have the following credentials:
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer service-related industry (i.e. hospitality, sales, retail) is required.
- 2 or more years of experience in a supervisory or management role is preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle. - Repair/maintenance, basic electrical and plumbing knowledge, and/or sales experience an asset.
The Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge and an understanding of general business operations.
- Self-driven, ambitious and goal-oriented.
- Motivated to drive sales and increase revenues.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively negotiate.
- Ability to be friendly, but firm when needed.
- Excellent time management, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask while always maintaining great attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities and persistently follow up without procrastinating.
- General electrical knowledge.
- Working and demonstrative experience with Microsoft Excel. - Flexibility and a willingness to adapt as business demands. - Commitment to excellence and exceedingly high standards.
OUR COMMITMENT YOU:
• A competitive salary.
• Both autonomy and support – you’re in charge, the success of the property location depends on your hard work and dedication to the position, but we’re also here to support you as you grow professionally with our team.
• Profit Sharing – we want you to see the fruits of your labour; our profit-sharing bonus plan ensures that you are financially rewarded for the financial successes of the Car Wash and Storage Facility that are directly attributed to your managerial performance and effectiveness
*Opportunity for personal entrepreneurial growth and development – build on your foundational knowledge of business operations and managing a successful property.
If you think your experience and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Job Developer: JF