at SARAI Middle Eastern Tavern & Shisha Lounge in Waterloo
We are a newly renovated Restaurant in Waterloo seeking a passionate and experienced cook with knowledge and previous experience in preparing Middle Eastern cuisine.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Prepare meals following established recipes/ingredients
- Check food and ingredients for freshness
- Ensure kitchen area, equipment and utensils are clean at all times
- Arrange and Garnish dishes that will wow our guests
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperature
- Help inspire our kitchen staff, and collaborate with teammates
- Working in a fast paced, busy restaurant.
- Must have a passion and love of food prep and delivering strong customer service
- High school diploma
- Culinary School certification; 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency
- Ability to use slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors and other kitchen equipment
- Prior experience in related food preparations
- Good working knowledge of sanitation standards and health codes (Safe Food Handling)
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced restaurant environment
- Flexible hours/full time
Salary will be based on experience and will be discussed with owner/Manager.
How to Apply:
Attention Job Developer: Jen F.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Fax: 519-883-2224 or,
Drop off at any Region of Waterloo Employment Resource Centre
Please add “Head Cook - SARAI” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
Recent jobs at SARAI Middle Eastern Tavern & Shisha Lounge