Food Service Supervisor (Cook)
at Sifton Properties in Waterloo
Food Service Supervisor(Cook)
Food Services Supervisor (Cook) Must be able to run a line and supervise Food Services Worker and have experience.
Starting wage $18.37
One (1) Part time 52.5-60 hrs biweekly
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Food Service Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the production and operation of the Food Services Department.
• Ensures that the food services department is meeting the residents’ nutritional needs.
• Ensures usage of seasonal foods, the Canada Food Guide, rotation of stock and other quality principles in the production of meals that meet the specific needs of seniors and special diets.
• Knows and interprets Residence’s policies, procedures and practices and provides leadership support while on duty to the appropriate food services support personnel.
• Assists the Food Services Manager in the evaluation of staff performance
• Maintains good working relationships with all staff members
• Operates in a fiscally responsible manner and maintains purchasing and inventory control.
• Strong team member philosophy and ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a fast paced work environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Chef with a Red Seal Certificate or College graduate of recognized food service diploma program preferred.
• Experience in food preparation and presentation in a related work environment. Preference will be given to applicants with leadership experience in a retirement or hospitality setting.
• Self-directed and team-oriented, with good organization and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge in quality/quantity food production, the Ontario Food Premises Act, Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Experience in health and safety standards.
• Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel and Word
Also the Food services Supervisor should have some experience with production style cooking as we have 130 residents to feed at each meal, must be able to supervise food Service Workers .
How to Apply: send your resume to:
Job Developer:Pat B
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Drop off at any Region of Waterloo Employment Resource Centre
Please add "Food Service Supervisor/Cook" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
Recent jobs at Sifton Properties