Food Service Worker
at Sifton Properties in Waterloo
Food Service Worker
Westhill Place: Retirement Living , Waterloo,
2 part time postitions- One is 45 hours bi-weekly and one is 60 hours bi-weekly.
Our goal is to provide a pleasurable dining experience for all our residents and their guests through restaurant style service, menu plans, and open seating concept with a wide range of service times daily.
Reporting to the Food Service Manager, you will provide exemplary customer service while assisting in the preparation and delivery of meals and food services , kitchen cleaning, dishwashing, as well as organization and cleaning of refrigerators, freezers and storage areas.
• Assist with preparations for meal service and catering functions.
• Serve food according to required temperature and procedures as directed.
• Ensure that the food is attractively presented.
• Ensure that clients on special diets receive food according to such diets as directed.
• Clean food service areas and equipment.
• Load, operate and empty dishwashers, and put dishes away.
• Assist with the preparation of snacks/refreshments.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and storage procedures.
• Safe Food Handlers Certificate required
• Previous related experience preferred.
• Ability to understand and carry out orders so as to serve the food correctly and attractively according to specified
• Strong team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Sincere desire to work with an active senior's population.
• Available to work a variety of day and evening shifts, including weekends.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
How to Apply: send your resume to:
Job Developer:Pat B
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Drop off at any Region of Waterloo Employment Resource Centre
Please add "Food Service Worker" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
Recent jobs at Sifton Properties