Architectural Glass and Metal Technician
at K-W Glass in Waterloo
Rate of Pay: pay ranges from $15 to $33/hr, depending on experience
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday at 42.5 hours/week
- handles, measures, cuts, prepares, fits, installs, replaces and repairs all types of glass and glass substitutes, typically in commercial and residential settings
- An Architectural Glass and Metal Technician fabricates and installs curtain wall framing, aluminum storefront frames and entrances, doors and hardware, structural silicone glazing, skylights and sloped glazing
- lays out, measures, prepares, fabricates and installs/replaces architectural glass and metal components and air/vapor barriers in systems such as entranceways, windows, skylights and curtain walls
- works with and installs plastics, aluminum panels and other similar materials used as glass substitutes, as well as films or laminates that improve the durability or safety of the glass
- works from mobile equipment, scaffolds and swing stages, sometimes at great heights, to maneuver glass panels that are lifted by cranes and other lifting equipment.
- having a valid driver's license is an asset
- if you have your ticket, this will be compensated with your wage
- benefits after 3 months.
How to Apply:
Job Developer: Krista A.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
Email: EmploymentOntarioJobDevelopment@regionofwaterloo.ca or Drop off at any Region of Waterloo Employment Resource Centre
Please add “Architectural Glass and Metal Technician” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.