at Wag and Train in Kitchener
Rate of Pay: $14.00
Hours of Work: within the hours of operation, Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. No weekends. Some shifts may extend to 8pm. Number of hours depends on availability and performance.
- Keeping cages clean and sanitized
- Assist with baths, blow dry and brushing
- Playing games with and observing behaviour of dogs
- Reporting the animal's condition to its owner, a veterinarian, or rescue worker
- Walking, feeding, and picking up after the animal
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in hot/cold temperatures
- Answering phones and providing great customer service to our clientele
- Must love animals
- Vet clinic or pet store experience an asset
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and patience
- Stamina required - High energy needed
- Ability to be on your feet all day
- Great attitude and must possess excellent customer service skills when dealing with customers and “pet parents”
- Willingness to work flexible hours/days/weekends
- Reliable vehicle is an asset
Job Developer: Krista A.
Submit your Resume by:
Email: EmploymentOntarioJobDevelopment@regionofwaterloo.ca or Drop off at any Region of Waterloo Employment Resource Centre
Please add “Kennel Attendant” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.