Palliative Nurse - RN
at CarePartners in Waterloo
CarePartners offers a competitive compensation program, including tuition assistance, a variety of on-site-in service training, along with a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for professional growth! Come in and speak with us to see how community health care can fit your lifestyle and career goals!
As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities with our division for NEW and EXPERIENCED nursing professionals. You will excel in our program if you are currently registered with the College of Nurses, have a valid driver's license and vehicle and bring a desire to work with a supportive and collaborative team.
As an essential member of the care team, you deliver nursing care in accordance with nursing plans and professional practice standards. Your well-developed judgment will enable you to perform routine nursing duties, and your strong interpersonal skills will ensure that the emotional and physical comforts of patients are met. You will confidently direct staff involved in patient care, and manage stressful situations with poise and professionalism.
- Use of your professional assessment skills to perform a thorough holistic assessment of each patient and identify the patient's needs by utilizing information from the patient, caregiver(s), the home environment, the LHIN referral and other sources
- Function as a member of a nursing team who are accountable for the nursing care it provides
- Develop appropriate time-specific, measurable goals and outcomes in collaboration with the patient and/or caregiver(s), and in keeping with the LHIN goal for treatment
- As an organized and responsible nursing professional you will utilize the forecast, patient nursing needs, patient preference and patient location to plan the day's schedule of nursing visits
- Committed to quality and accuracy of care
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing program
- Current College of Registered Nurse Certificate of Competence
- Experience in palliative care, critical care and/or education in palliative care (fundamentals of palliative care, LEAP, CAPCE or similar)
- Two years recent acute care/community based nursing experience, ability to initiate peripheral IVs and experience with central lines are all recommended.
- Proven computer skills, including e-mail, word processor, work scheduling systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and must be fluent in English
- Must have a reliable vehicle and driver’s license
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or online at:
JD: Phil B.
Recent jobs at CarePartners