Personal Support Worker
at CarePartners in Cambridge
CarePartners is currently seeking Personal Support Workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker) for community work in our Personal Support and Homemaking program. We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living. This position requires someone to perform special functions under the Supervision of a RN or RPN Supervisor.
- Provides personal care to the client
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promotes a safe environment for both the client and worker
- Experience working with the vulnerable population, in a community setting
- Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends
- Access to transportation/vehicle
- PSW certificate, HCA, Personal Attendant, Home Support III Certificate or DSW Diploma required
TOTAL COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Flexible hours and diverse assignments
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Benefits package
- We pay you to travel!Paid mileage at $0.37 per/km, in addition to paid travel time!
CarePartners welcomes and encourages applicants from people with disabilities, accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or online at:
JD: Phil B.
Recent jobs at CarePartners