at Cascades Container Board Packaging in Guelph
Cascades, Containerboard Packaging at 670 Southgate Dr., Guelph
Wages: $29+ based on experience and a shift premium
Hours: Afternoon shift (3:00pm-11:00pm)
Cascades is more than a global innovator and manufacturer of green products, it is the collective force of close to 11,000 talented and highly respected individuals who are empowered to succeed as one. The company's history is built upon passion, talent and a strong commitment to a sustainable development. Today, Cascades is branching out to more than 90 facilities across North America and Europe.
Cascades Containerboard Packaging, a division of Cascades Canada ULC, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in the United States and Canada. Cascades Containerboard Packaging- Bird is the largest containerboard producer in Canada and is also a major Canadian manufacturer of corrugated products.
We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Millwright on the Afternoon shift (Steady). This position is located out of our Guelph plant but additional support at our Kitchener and Windsor plants may be required at times (Expenses paid by the company).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Install, examine, replace or repair machines in a timely manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance to equipment as required, including minor electrical repairs and welding.
- Pick up parts as necessary (Personal vehicle is an asset, mileage will be reimbursed).
- Adhere to maintenance schedule. Make recommendations for optimizing schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Report any unusual scheduling issues to supervisor.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Use proper lockout/tag out procedures when required, never allowing a machine to be operated without proper guarding or when the possibility of injury is evident.
- Millwright, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic or related post-secondary education.
- Valid class G License is an asset
- Preferred candidates have: Ability to provide own tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks; Forklift, scissor lift, welding or other related certification; Dual Ticketed in Mechanical & Electrical will be considered an asset.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Prior work experience in a similar role is required and previous experience in the corrugated industry will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Go to company website https://www.cascades.com/en/jobs/
Recent jobs at Cascades Container Board Packaging