AZ Truck Driver
at Cascades Container Board Packaging in Guelph
Cascades, Containerboard Packaging at 670 Southgate Dr., Guelph
AZ TRUCK DRIVER
Wages: $19 based on experience and a shift premium
Hours: Afternoon shift: 3:00p.m. To 11:00p.m.
Cascades is more than a global innovator and manufacturer of green products, it is the collective force of close to 11,000 talented and highly respected individuals who are empowered to succeed as one. The company's history is built upon passion, talent and a strong commitment to a sustainable development. Today, Cascades is branching out to more than 90 facilities across North America and Europe.
Cascades Containerboard Packaging, a division of Cascades Canada ULC, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in the United States and Canada. Cascades Containerboard Packaging- Bird is the largest containerboard producer in Canada and is also a major Canadian manufacturer of corrugated products.
Reporting to the Logistics Supervisor, this position is responsible for transporting goods to and from Customers in a safe and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following
- Operate a tractor-trailer or straight truck as directed that transports between our facility and multiple destinations;
- Prepare, receive and provide appropriate documentation for the delivery and/or pick-up of goods to ensure timely service;
- Load, secure, unload and deliver cargo in accordance with Customer needs and Company policies;
- Maintain satellite or telephone contact with the Logistics Team to receive delivery/pick up instructions or notices of changes in route or schedule to meet customer needs;
- Maintains a Drivers Daily Log and cargo control in accordance with Federal and Provincial regulations and company needs;
- Responsible for daily inspection of vehicle, ensuring proper function of all safety related features of the vehicle at all times;
- Refueling as needed;
- Ensures compliance with set policies and procedures within ISO
- Other duties as requested by the Logistics Supervisor
- Valid AZ/DZ license and CVOR in good standing;
- Minimum three years driving experience;
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety Rules and Regulations;
- Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation Ontario regulations;
- Ability to prioritize many tasks and execute results, which will promote customer satisfaction;
- Ability to deal with conflict, stress and time constraints in an efficient, professional, courteous manner;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Experience with transport satellite communication systems.
How to Apply:
Go to company website https://www.cascades.com/en/jobs/
Recent jobs at Cascades Container Board Packaging