Grand River Foods
Recent jobs at Grand River Foods
The Line Worker position is considered General Labour. Line workers are responsible for examining, sorting and packing products to quality standards; lifting and moving products from line to line; clean-up tasks and other elemental activities related to food processing.
- Manually pack product into bags, cartons or other containers
- Remove finished goods cartons from conveyer and place on pallets
- Inspect products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Spread products before the oven for evenness & look for foreign material and blood spots
- Inspect and sort off-spec #2 products
- Lifting, dumping and stacking 10-40 lbs. boxes of product
- Pushing 200-500 lbs. bins from blending area to production line (bins are on wheels)
- Regularly inspect work environment for good housekeeping
- Communicate effectively with Team Leaders and other employees
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing in one spot for extended periods of time
- Working in hot/cold environment
- Able to communicate effectively with teammates and leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Good attendance record required
- Positive attitude and safety focused
- Willingness to develop new skills
- Previous food industry experience including GMP’s and basic food handling would be an asset.
- Attention to detail and ability to find defects in product streams
- Able to handle extended periods of static tasks with alertness, but also ability to multitask
- Willingness to work overtime
Shift starts between 2-3 pm and is an 8 hour shift
Full time, permanent position. Starting rate $16.25/hr, with wage increases to $18.25/hr after probation.
40hrs per week opportunity for overtime on weekends.
Great Benefit plan & Pension Plan and internal advancement opportunities.
Good commuting distance and easy travel from Brantford, Guelph, Kitchener, Milton, Waterloo and Woodstock!
How to Apply:
Job Developer: Pat B.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
or Drop off at any Region of Waterloo Employment Resource Centre
Please add “Line Worker 2019-046 ” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Published at 20-07-2018
Viewed: 1149 times