Grand River Foods
Recent jobs at Grand River Foods
The Line Worker position is considered General Labour. Line workers are responsible for examining, sorting and packing products to quality standards; lifting and moving products from line to line; clean-up tasks and other elemental activities related to food processing.
- Manually pack product into bags, cartons or other containers
- Remove finished goods cartons from conveyer and place on pallets
- Inspect products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Spread products before the oven for evenness & look for foreign material and blood spots
- Inspect and sort off-spec #2 products
- Lifting, dumping and stacking 10-40 lbs. boxes of product
- Pushing 200-500 lbs. bins from blending area to production line (bins are on wheels)
- Regularly inspect work environment for good housekeeping
- Communicate effectively with Team Leaders and other employees
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing in one spot for extended periods of time
- Working in hot/cold environment
- Able to communicate effectively with teammates and leadership
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Good attendance record required
- Positive attitude and safety focused
- Willingness to develop new skills
- Previous food industry experience including GMP’s and basic food handling would be an asset.
- Attention to detail and ability to find defects in product streams
- Able to handle extended periods of static tasks with alertness, but also ability to multitask
- Willingness to work overtime
Shift starts between 2-3 pm and is an 8 hour shift
Full time, permanent position. Starting rate $16.25/hr, with wage increases to $18.25/hr after probation.
40hrs per week opportunity for overtime on weekends.
Great Benefit plan & Pension Plan and internal advancement opportunities.
Good commuting distance and easy travel from Brantford, Guelph, Kitchener, Milton, Waterloo and Woodstock!
How to Apply:
Job Developer: Pat B.
Region of Waterloo, Employment Ontario Programs
Submit your Resume by:
*No paper resumes are being accepted as our Welcome Centres are currently closed to the public. Please be aware that contact may be delayed due to staffing shortages as a result of the Covid-19 Crisis. No in-person interviews are currently being held but phone calls and email contact may still happen. Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time.
Please add “Line Worker 2019-046 ” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Published at 20-07-2018
Viewed: 1909 times