Financial Services Associate
at Elva Zhou in Kitchener
FINANCIAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE
About the Role
The Financial Services Associate is a full-time, continuing role that reports to WRCF’s Data Analyst & Financial Services Specialist, and is accountable for providing support to day-to-day financial operations, and ensuring that all transactions are properly recorded, processed, and reported in a timely manner. The successful candidate has a focus on providing excellent service, and a proven ability to consistently perform with accuracy. They must be committed to listening, learning and working together with others. The Financial Services Associate will succeed if they are extremely organized and detail-oriented, willing to be a champion for capturing and actioning information, and genuinely interested in supporting people across Waterloo Region.
Compensation: $40,000 - $45,000 (based on a 37.5-hour work week), plus a competitive benefits package. Currently, employees work both on-site and remotely, and this role includes an expectation of some in-office days weekly, subject to adherence to COVID-19 safety guidelines. We offer flexible work arrangements, but we require core work hours between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
• Responsible for depositing and recording all routine banking transactions. Coordinate and process all aspects of the donations and receipts.
• Accountable for accurate and timely processing of all accounts payable and payment requests, including all outgoing cheques, grant payments, and electronic fund transfers (EFTs).
• Support month-end processes. This includes responsibilities such as: recording journal entries and transactions, preparing and distributing Managed Fund reports, reconciling investment manager reports, and processing fund fees.
• Assist in data analysis and reporting. This includes responsibilities such as: data entry and generating reports from the CRM system, preparing the internal monthly financial reports and board reports, coordinating and supporting the annual fund statement process, and assisting in the annual financial statement audit process.
• Provide general administrative support to other aspects of the Financial Services portfolio. This includes responsibilities such as: entering EFT information into the banking system, documenting Financial Services processes, uploading documents to the CRM system, contributing to the administrative support needs of financial committees, and supporting other special projects.
Who we are
Waterloo Region Community Foundation (WRCF) is a public foundation focused on Granting, Investing and Convening to make measurable and sustainable impacts in Waterloo Region. As one of 202 Community Foundations across Canada, we collaborate with partners, connect regionally and locally, working with three cities and four townships – to include the people and places across our region, using a trust-based philanthropic approach. Together, we seize opportunities to meet current and future needs of our community. We enable people, companies and organizations to do more good by making it easy for Fundholders and Donors to give and invest, and for charities to receive money. Gifts are directed to WRCF’s endowed funds that drive positive change in two ways: through grants and investments that deliver both financial returns as well as positive social and environmental outcomes. We work with our Fundholders to distribute the income generated through grants to support a wide range of charitable causes within our community; in 2022, we granted $6 Million to hundreds of local charities and non-profits, bringing our collective granting impact since inception to $73 Million. As a leading community-building organization, we also work to amplify voices and issues of importance by convening conversations and sharing information, while approaching our work with an equity mindset.
A Commitment to Equity
WRCF is an equity-conscious employer committed to equity, anti-oppression, diversity and supporting the wellbeing of all our employees. We provide inclusive employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other status that is representative of equity & sovereign seeking groups.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to consider working with us including those who are; First Nations, Inuit and Métis, Black, people of colour, immigrants, people living with disabilities, ethnocultural religious identities (e.g. Muslim, Sikh, Jewish), and 2SLGBTQIA+.
If you are an applicant who requires accommodations, please let us know in advance so that we may arrange for their provision. We provide accommodations at all stages of the recruitment and hiring process under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume in confidence to Elva Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Elva if you require any accommodations at any stage of the process.
The posting will close on March 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
• You bring a combination of education, experience, and knowledge in accounting, finance, or office administration. Prior experience with accounts payable and financial reporting is a definite asset.
• Being detail-oriented is your thing, and so is delivering on what you commit to – on time and accurately.
• You are comfortable with and have familiarity using technology to enable outcomes, and you also enjoy learning about systems to drive work. Ideally, you have prior experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Microsoft Office, Dynamics 365, Slack, and other office productivity platforms.
• You bring a learning lens to all aspects of your work and continuously strive to improve functions and processes related to the position.
• You are committed to understanding and supporting the needs of diverse communities, as well as having respect for listening, learning, and acting on reconciliation, diversity, and equity.
• You are a team player who can work effectively and collaboratively with team members to navigate opportunities using human-centered design and systems design thinking.
• You participate willingly and enthusiastically in other duties as assigned.
Viewed: 91 times