Supportive Caregiver Program
at Conestoga College in Kitchener
Conestoga College is continuing their tuition-free Supportive Care program and has asked us to share with our teams in the event you have clients interested in entering a career as a Caregiver or in healthcare services.
· The program is 18-week at no cost to the student and an 80 hour practicum with a partnered employer
· Classes run 5 days a week for 3 hours per day (day or evening classes available)
· Many students are able to find employment in home care, group homes and retirement settings
· This program bridges into Level Two for PSW program for those interested in pursuing that pathway
Intakes for the program are happening in April, May, September and October this year.
More information can be found in the attachments above, or through attending a virtual information session hosted by Conestoga College.
Info sessions run each: (continuous)
· Tuesday from 10:00am-11:00am
· Thursday from 12:00pm-1:00pm
For more information, please contact email@example.com or connect your participants to our Employment Services team for further support in exploring this career option. Referrals can be made through our website here: https://forms.regionofwaterloo.ca/Community-Services/Employment-and-income/Request-for-employment-coaching