Material Handler/Resin Technician
at Inject Tech Plastics in Kitchener
As a subsidiary of IT Group, Inject Tech Plastics was formed to provide molding solutions and assembly services to the medical, automotive & consumer industries. Our 61,000-square-foot facility allows us to offer our customer base an expanded range of injection molding equipment, with presses ranging in tonnage from 28 to 2500 tons, along with new automation equipment to handle your extended run or touch-sensitive requirements.
We are currently looking for Resin Technicians/Material Handlers to join our team in Kitchener, Ontario
- Day Shift – 6:45am to 3:00pm
- Afternoon Shift – 2:45pm to 11:00pm
- Night Shift – 10:45pm to 7:00am
- Steady shifts; no rotations
- Overtime when available
- $19.00-$23.00 per hour
- Afternoon shift premium additional $0.50 per hour
- Night shift premium additional $0.75 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
The Material Handler position is responsible for the organization, preparation & handling of resins, cardboard, dunnage, and other production related materials. It is critical that the Material Handler strictly adheres to the material data sheets to ensure the materials are prepared accurately & on-time to support production as per the production schedule. The Material Handler will be expected to communicate/coordinate with multiple departments in advance of, throughout and the completion of production runs to ensure materials are handled and prepared properly. The main objective of the Material Handler is to ensure the safe handling and use of materials to ensure consistency in production & inventory control, as well as to help solve any issues that arise and help deal with the situations immediately.
Processing & Production Duties:
- Independently review production schedule and coordinate with the production team to ensure materials are prepared in advance of production runs
- Regularly clean and perform minor routine maintenance on dryers, color mixers, feeders and other equipment as required.
- Maintain accurate material inventory tracking by weighing raw materials & counting finished goods skids.
- Input & extract data from the internal software’s such as IQMS & other online resources
- Routinely verify and adjust material levels while production runs are ongoing to ensure the machines are supplied with the appropriate amounts of resin
- Communicate with the Maintenance Department of equipment issues to ensure they are addressed.
- Ensure the molding machine injection unit, surrounding floors, dryers & warehouse areas are well kept and organized
- Work alongside Process Technicians, Set Up Technicians & Robotics Technicians to ensure the successful & continual startup of molds as needed
- Detailed completion & tracking of start-up documentation and other standard operating procedures.
- Support engineering processes development, manufacturing procedures development, standardized work procedures, work instruction, cycle times, data collection and analysis, estimates, schedules, test results, corrective and preventive action, continuous improvement, and preparing associated reports.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives and other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years of experience of Material Handling
- Ability to drive a forklift and reach truck
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Basic to medium experience in running plastic injection molding machines preferred
- Experience in the automotive or medical industry is an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
List “Material Handler/Resin Technician as seen on Region of Waterloo Job Board” in the subject line of your email.
If You Require Assistance in Applying:
Submit your resume by email to EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca
Please add “Material Handler/Resin Technician– Inject Tech Plastics – Attention: JD Christina” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and job postings.
Viewed: 111 times