Crew Leader- Design Build
at Wright Landscaping in Waterloo
Title: Design Build Crew Leader
Reports To: Design Build Production Supervisor
The Foreman will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the projects that his/her team are assigned. The Crew Leader will work with or in conjunction with the Design Build Project Manager to ensure smooth operation and completion of their job site/project. The Crew Leader is to lead their teams to complete jobs on time, understand the scope of work and react to potential increases in up-selling of services for the client.
Wage range: $27-$35+/hour.
● Energy and Handle Stress
● Quality Orientation
● Time Management
● Adaptability/ Flexibility
● Decision Making and Judgement
● Planning and Organizing
● Problem Solving
● Accountability and Dependability
● Coaching and Mentoring
● Staff Management
● Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
● Development and Continual Learning
● Plan and organize the day-to-day activities on job sites.
● Regularly check in with the Project Manager, designated to his/her project.
● Inspect all equipment and materials when returned to the yard; thoroughly check equipment to make sure it is in working condition and store materials in an orderly fashion.
● Maintain accurate inventory records and provide performance and status reports.
● Train employees on how to safely complete their job tasks and how to safely operate and handle equipment.
● Interact professionally with clients to ensure they are satisfied with the work being completed and resolve any issues that clients may be experiencing.
● Participate in housekeeping activities to keep workspaces, job sites, vehicles, and equipment organized and eliminate all unnecessary safety hazards.
● Handle employee relations issues, paperwork for timecards, and accounting for on-site materials used.
● Assist with sales, upselling, and cross-selling between divisions.
● Other duties as assigned by management.
● Physical ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
● Travel to off-site locations and overnight stays may be required, on occasion.
● Safety equipment will be required, e.g., steel-toed safety boots (omega green symbol), safety glasses/goggles, etc.
● Long hours in order to meet or exceed deadlines.
● Hazards associated with the trade
● Work both indoors and outdoors
● Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training in Horticulture or Landscape Technology
● Appropriate credentials and certifications, including WHMIS, First Aid, CPR
● Minimum 3 years of experience in landscape construction
● Strong knowledge of construction equipment and landscape materials
● Possess a valid driver's G class license with a clean driver’s abstract. o DZ or AZ(R) would be an asset.
● Ability to work independently in a busy environment
● Experience with routine maintenance operations
● Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
● Work well under pressure
● Strong attention to detail
● Interact with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
● Willing to teach and learn from others
● Computer literate
How to Apply:
Please apply direct through the company website at https://www.wrightlandscape.ca/careers/#openings
If You Require Assistance in Applying:
Submit your resume by email to EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca
Please add “[Job Title] – [Company Name] – Attention: JD JF to the subject line as we have multiple employers and job postings.
Recent jobs at Wright Landscaping
Viewed: 138 times