Supply Youth Educator (before & after school program)
Hours & Compensation:
Pay Rate: $20.056 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Various Locations: https://ywkw.ca/early-learning-childcare
Start Date: asap
Hours: Monday to Friday daytime. Schedules built based on needs of the program. Specific shifts and locations will be discussed during phone screen and interview conversations.
- Implement engaging and developmentally appropriate activities for 4 to 12-year-olds which allow for choice, creativity, and independence
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of the children in your care
- Follow daily schedules and take responsibility for clean-up and organization of supplies
- Act as a positive role model for the children
- Work as part of a team of Youth Educators
- Maintain effective communication with staff, parents, facility staff, and program manager
Apply: Online through Indeed OR in writing to: Children’s Services Assistant Coordinator, YW School Age Programs, 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2 No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW's Guiding Principles:
We respect the dignity and worth of individuals.
We value diversity among people.
We acknowledge the holistic nature of human needs–body, mind, and spirit.
We respect the fundamental right to self-determination.
We ensure that women are respected, their voices are heard, and their issues are addressed.
We focus clearly, but not exclusively, on women and girls.
We act with integrity and are accountable to our community.
The YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and responsive to the diversity of Kitchener-Waterloo, in which all people are respected and valued. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.