Registered Early Childhood Educator
YW Kitchener Waterloo
Recent jobs at YW Kitchener Waterloo
Registered Early Childhood Educator
Hours & Compensation:
*Positions are available at the time of posting. Specific shifts and schedules will be confirmed at the time of hiring.*
- Temporary Full-Time - 9 month contract
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Pay Rate: $22.918 per hour + 2% in lieu of benefits
- Location: Bridge Street Childcare Centre
- Start Date: ASAP
- End Date: September 2023 (with possibility of extension)
Your Contributions & Impact:
As a member of our dynamic Early Learning & Childcare team, you will contribute to the needs of our program and its participants in the following ways:
- Plan and implement child-initiated and adult-supported experiences that follow the policy framework of Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years: Belonging, Well-Being, Engagement, & Expression
- Create and follow daily schedules for the children that ensure adequate supervision at all times with special attention to nourishment, rest, and transition times
- Provide a nurturing health and safety conscious environment for the families that we serve while maintaining firm and consistent limits
- Maintain effective communication (both written and verbal) with staff, parents, and program coordinators including daily attendance record keeping and follow ups according to the procedures for unexplained absences
- Mentor and assist co-workers, students, and volunteers
- Use behaviour management techniques which are constructive, not punitive, and are in accordance with the policy and practice of YW Children's Services
- Ensure that standards outlined by the YW, Public Health, Fire regulations, Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, Occupational Health and Safety Act and/or the Child Care Early Years Act are adhered to and exceeded;
- Document and review observations, discussions, pedagogical documentation, (including descriptions and interpretations of children’s learning)
- Act as a positive role model for the children and their families
- Perform other related duties as reasonably assigned
Apply: Online through Indeed OR in writing to YW Childcare, 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
YW's Guiding Principles:
We respect the dignity and worth of individuals.
We value diversity among people.
We acknowledge the holistic nature of human needs–body, mind, and spirit.
We respect the fundamental right to self-determination.
We ensure that women are respected, their voices are heard, and their issues are addressed.
We focus clearly, but not exclusively, on women and girls.
We act with integrity and are accountable to our community.
The YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and responsive to the diversity of Kitchener-Waterloo, in which all people are respected and valued. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Mandatory Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Early Childhood Education, or other related post-secondary education degree/diploma as approved by the Ministry of Education (required)
- Up-to-date Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification and Vulnerable Sector Record Check (required)
You have ...
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Child Care and Early Years Act and the use of environmental assessment tools
- Previous experience working with children (age 6-months to 5-years) in a licensed childcare setting
- Appropriate interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff, parents, children, and the public.
- Basic math skills
Published at 20-01-2023
Viewed: 62 times