Supportive Housing Worker (Relief/Casual)
YW Kitchener Waterloo
Recent jobs at YW Kitchener Waterloo
Supportive Housing Worker (Relief/Casual)
Full Job Description
Hours & Compensation: *Position listed is available at the time of this posting. Specific shifts will be discussed and confirmed at the time of hiring.*
Pay Range: $22.908 per hour + an additional 2% in lieu of benefits + $2 temporary premium on overnight shifts
Start Date: ASAP
Location: 155 Lincoln Road and/or 1470 Block Line Road, Kitchener ON https://ywkw.ca/supportive-housing
Hours: Overnight, Weekend, and Afternoon shifts available. Schedules built based on needs of the program. Specific shifts will be discussed and confirmed at the time of hiring.
- provide assistance to tenants living in the YW's Lincoln Road and/or Block Line Road Supportive Housing complexes to support their independent living;
- be responsible for direct and intensive housing stability and life skills supports (demonstrate or model to tenants; unit maintenance, grocery shopping, cooking, budgeting and engaging in activities etc.);
- provide immediate support to tenants in conflict following an established Conflict Resolution Program;
- respond to requests for support and crisis intervention;
- establish positive relationships with tenants and participate in the creation of a stable and secure environment for them;
- be responsible for maintaining safe and healthy work conditions, including identifying, reporting and/or addressing physical, biological and ergonomic hazards found in the workplace with light cleaning duties where required;
- conduct daily unit checks and provide housekeeping supports to tenants within their units;
- other duties and project undertakings as reasonably assigned.
- supportive or affordable housing, or equivalent: 1 year (Required)
- Degree or Diploma in Social Work or a related field (Required)
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certificate (required) (Required)
- working alone during overnight or weekend shifts: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vulnerable Sector Record Check document (required) (Preferred)
How to Apply: Online through Indeed or in writing to Homelessness & Housing Team, 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener ON N2H 2M2. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YW's Guiding Principles:
We respect the dignity and worth of individuals.
We value diversity among people.
We acknowledge the holistic nature of human needs–body, mind, and spirit.
We respect the fundamental right to self-determination.
We ensure that women are respected, their voices are heard, and their issues are addressed.
We focus clearly, but not exclusively, on women and girls.
We act with integrity and are accountable to our community.
Vaccine Verification - As a condition of employment you are required to provide confirmation that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 or have proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer based on government regulations. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the YW Kitchener-Waterloo.
The YW Kitchener-Waterloo is committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and responsive to the diversity of Kitchener-Waterloo, in which all people are respected and valued. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Skills, Qualifications, & Requirements:
- Knowledge of effects of homelessness on individuals and families, harm reduction, and suicide intervention.
- Understanding of mental health and addiction issues, anti-oppression / anti-racism, and marginalized communities.
- A two-year Diploma in Social Work or a related field.
- Minimum two-years working in residential supportive housing or similar environment.
- Experience working within the parameters of a Conflict Resolution Program.
- Understanding of current legislation pertaining to housing, advocacy and tenant/landlord rights, usually obtained through a general knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Ability to work alone during daytime, evenings, overnight, or weekend shift.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs and data entry such as Word and Excel.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification and an up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Record Check (required).
- Training certificates in crisis/overdose/addictions prevention and intervention (asset).
Published at 19-01-2023
Viewed: 79 times