Warehouse Order Picker / Afternoons
at Marks Supply Inc in Kitchener
Position Description: Warehouse Order Picker
Afternoons Shift: 2:00pm to 10:30pm, Monday to Friday
Wage Rate: $18.10
A fulfilling career with Marks Supply We are hiring experienced warehouse associates. These are hands-on positions that are responsible for manually selecting customer products, executing day-to-day warehouse operations and maintaining the integrity of our inventory. You’ll play an important role in establishing and maintaining trustworthy relationships with our staff, customers and vendors. Marks Supply is a top independent plumbing and HVAC wholesaler in Ontario. For over 50 years, we have supplied the most trusted, innovative products, provided reliable customer service and built a talented team of employees. We work hard, we grow together and always celebrate as a team. Let's Talk About You You’re a leader and you exhibit that in your work every day. You have an eye for accuracy and safety, and you have extensive experience following processes. You pride yourself on being hands-on and a decision maker. You immerse yourself in the trenches to adapt quickly and deliver accuracy in a fast-paced environment. Through your strong communication skills, you’ll build professional, long-standing relationships with staff, customers and vendors.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact:
• Picking and moving products by safely operating forklift, reach truck, platform picker, walkie or pump cart and other machinery
• Using a scan gun to accurately process orders, move products and represent inventory levels
• Picking orders with accuracy and verifying quantities prior to packing into containers
• Replenishing inventory by stocking product, and condensing and maintaining locations
• Assisting Receiving, Shipping and Transfers departments as needed
• Maintaining good housekeeping by sweeping, and emptying cardboard and garbage and performing other related duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications you’ll bring:
• 1-3 years of previous warehouse experience preferred
• Physical agility and ability to lift, carry and move large, awkward and/or heavy items (up to 50 lbs)
• Ability to work overtime as required to complete daily tasks or to assist the department with a heavy workload
• Excellent verbal and oral fluency in English with strong attention to detail
• Ability to make decisions and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Prior plumbing or HVAC industry experience and product knowledge a definite asset
• Experience operating a forklift, tow motor, reach truck or platform picker preferred
• Comfortable with computers. Experience with computerized scan gun preferred
We Support Our Team with the Best Personal excellence, teamwork and achievement matters to us. And, we know it matters to you, too. When you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to continue learning, develop new skills, and grow personally and professionally. You’ll also join a team that has fun at work and embraces a culture of helping others. We celebrate achievement and reward our employees for their great service, attitude and contributions.
Want to take your career to the Next Level? No red tape, no excuses and no limit to potential. If this sounds like you, let’s talk! Marks Supply encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us directly. Marks Supply will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided considers the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
Recent jobs at Marks Supply Inc