Warehouse Driver (AZ License)
Do you believe everyone should have access to healthy food and that food can be a powerful tool for connecting people and building better health for a stronger community? Are you looking for the opportunity to use your AZ license, remain local, and be home for dinner (no overnight routes)? If so, The Food Bank is looking for a motivated, hard-working, and dynamic Warehouse Driver (AZ License) to join our team.
Who You Are:
The Food Bank of Waterloo Region has an immediate opening for an individual who is excited to make a difference and help support The Food Bank’s mission to obtain and distribute emergency food from our neighbours to our neighbours. You will act as an ambassador for the organization, maintaining positive relationships with food donors and our partners. You will be committed to maintaining a clean driving record, following safe operating procedures at all times, and providing exceptional customer service. You will be as comfortable working independently as you are connecting with people face-to-face. You are energetic, have a good sense of humour and enjoy working with a team to get the job done.
Reporting to the Manager, Transportation & Logistics, this position will be required to split time between driving responsibilities such as picking up food from food industry donors, delivering food to participating local partners, and being in the warehouse supporting operational tasks. In this role you will work effectively with donors and food banks to coordinate deliveries, on site logistics, and troubleshooting issues. This role is responsible for a variety of tasks within the warehouse including: food handling (receiving, putaway, etc.), loading/unloading of trailers, record keeping, customer service, monitoring vehicle maintenance, and using both a handheld device and computer to make entries into an inventory system. This role will split time between driving AZ vehicles and straight trucks. All runs are within Southwestern Ontario originating out of The Food Bank of Waterloo Region; all drivers are back for end of day (before 5pm) with minimal overtime required.
- Safely operating a 48’ tractor trailer in accordance to all local and provincial regulations, as well as other vehicles as necessary (straight trucks, cargo vans, etc.); ensuring timely and proper transportation of food on behalf of The Food Bank of Waterloo Region
- Daily vehicle inspection and monitoring of vehicle maintenance needs
- Regular use of an electronic log and route scheduler
- Representing the Food Bank of Waterloo Region in a professional manner
- Assisting with special events both onsite and offsite
- Loading product onto trucks/vehicles
- Working to maintain a clean and organized warehouse
- Ensuring the inventory system is up to date when receiving, moving, picking or loading product
- Coordinating tasks and helping to support warehouse volunteers
- Assisting with general warehouse operations as required
Experience & Qualifications:
- Valid Ontario AZ license
- Physically able to lift 30lbs up to 80lbs on a regular basis
- A clean driver abstract and letter of experience from either previous employer and/or insurer
- Forklift experience including reach truck
- 2-5 years of relevant warehouse experience
- 2-5 years of experience driving tractor trailer equipped with air brakes
- Familiarity with warehouse processes and inventory management systems is an asset
The Food Bank is open to the public Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm. It is expected that all team members will be prepared to work flexible, and sometimes irregular, hours to ensure that the objectives of the organization and our commitments to volunteers, members, and the community are being met.
The Food Bank of Waterloo Region provides employees with a flexible and progressive benefit package which accommodates for hours worked above and beyond and strives to address the personal time needs of each employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
The Food Bank of Waterloo Region is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights our job applicants during the recruitment process. Should at any point throughout the recruitment process an applicant require accommodation or communication in an alternative format because of a disability please contact Human Resources at 519-743-5576. We are committed to providing accommodation or alternate formats upon request within a reasonable time period in a mutually agreed upon format.
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button or,
Submit your resume by email: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca Please add “AZ Food Bank” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and job postings.