at Region of Waterloo (Anywhere)
Responsible for all activities related to the loading, transport and delivery of products in a safe and efficient manner. Work in collaboration with lift drivers, truck drivers and workers in order to achieve performance goals.Keep morale at a high level in order to optimize teamwork, ensure compliance with health and safety regulationsand see to the continuous improvement of processes.
- Work with the production manager in order to optimize delivery schedules and product placement
- Organize resources in order to optimize productivity
- Collaborate with maintenance department to determine repair needs and optimal repair time
- Positively influence changes, lead by example
- Constant communication with Plant Manager, Production Manager, other supervisors, Maintenance,Transportation, Fleet, HR, and Customer Service, ensuring the most productive and cost-effective plan is obtained.
- Encourage a partnership environment.
- Communicate, implement and enforce policies and procedures
- Display exceptional communication and customer service skills with third party haulers
- Actively participates in meetings and share relevant information with the team
- Collaborate with truck drivers to ensure materials are loaded safely and correctly
- Have the knowledge, skill, and ability to operate a forklift (Certification)
- Post-secondary education in related field and/or significant related experience
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide money, weight measurement, volume and distance
- General computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and time management skills
Recent jobs at Region of Waterloo