at Region of Waterloo in Ayr
We are looking for an electrician to launch the new plant...sound exciting?? It is!
We listen and respect our employees and encourage them to make an impact. We love talent and people who are ready to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. If you're looking to put your knowledge, experience and passion into play, this is the place for you. We celebrate change, welcome your bold initiatives, and support youin bringing them to life.
What TECHO-BLOC offers
Competitive salary:Competitive base wage ($37.45 to $42.80/hour) + OT
End of year Bonus
40-hour work week is guaranteed + overtime opportunities
Modern, clean, illuminated and high-tech facility AND MORE!
What you’ll do as an Electrician
- Work with advanced manufacturing equipment such as conveyors, overhead and transfer systems, roboticsystems, presses etc.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improvingprocesses to minimize disruption to the production line
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standardizedprocedures
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, including PLC and motor controls, safety sensors and relays
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment, including pneumatic and hydraulic systems, drives, bearingsand gears.
- Above all, you’ll be someone who values making things better and has the commitment to learn and deliverconsistently. In return, you can look forward to work in an environment that’s built on teamwork and offers an excellent package of benefits.
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial (442A/309A/Red Seal) Electrician Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Electrician preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Electrician
- Demonstrated experience with PLC - Ladder Logic, VFD and Industrial automation to troubleshoot equipmentissues
- Demonstrated experience using various tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.) to repair equipment
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and repairing many different types of equipment
- Demonstrated experience performing preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-pacedmanufacturing/industrial environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members
- Mechanical aptitude/ interest
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work rotating shifts
Recent jobs at Region of Waterloo