at Barbarian Sports Wear in Kitchener
Barbarian Sportswear is one of few textile manufacturers in Canada. We specialize in rugby uniforms and rugby inspired clothing supplying to retail stores, university bookstores, and rugby teams from beginner to national. Barbarian Sportswear employees are a team of fun, motivated and hardworking individuals, but as a growing business, we are looking for a new key player! We have an opportunity for a full time Industrial Material Cutter to join our team in Kitchener. The ideal person will have a positive attitude, be responsible, dependable, have excellent manual dexterity and be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Experience is an asset but we are willing to train the right person.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Pre-inspect textile for defects prior to cutting
- Ability to place patterns on top of layers of fabric to cut fabric following patterns, using electric cutters safely at required productivity rates
- Adjust cutting techniques to types of fabrics and styles of garments
- Inspect machinery to keep up maintenance and repairs
- Meet deadlines, while providing exemplary detail to work
- Excellent attendance
The position is full time, Monday – Friday, and based in Kitchener, Ontario.
Salary: From $15.75 per hour
Wage determined based on experience.
Click "Apply now" button below or Submit your Resume by email: EmploymentOntarioJobDevelopment@regionofwaterloo.ca
Please state the Job Title and Company in the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected will be contacted for pre screening.
Recent jobs at Barbarian Sports Wear