at Kiwi Newton in Guelph
Qualified candidates should email their resume or fax to: : email@example.com or 519-822-6159.
Where innovation, technology and integrity come together.
Our purpose at Kiwi Newton Group is to excel in delivering; economical, high quality, low carbon, low energy and low maintenance building systems and structures in the ICI building industry. We strive to make and improve better products and develop our people to work together with various skills. We believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. We continue to expand and have an exciting opportunity for a new Journey Plumber within our Mechanical team.
Best Rates for the Best Skills!
What we Offer
- Good negotiable rates of pay depending on your skill level
- Opportunities for advancement and skills enhancement
- Work in a thriving company with the newest computerized technology in concrete and steel building manufacturing
- Benefits and a pension plan
- Construction of factory built, non-combustible, low carbon, low energy use, high performance, comfortable, long lasting, resilient, and affordable buildings
- Career advancement with opportunities learning from a well-trained team of professionals
- Install new equipment
- Perform ongoing maintenance, inspection, and service repairs
- Perform work using hand and power tools in a safe manner
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Maintain clean and operable equipment and work area at all times
- Complete the required daily equipment inspections, safety reports, and Field Level Hazard
- Lead, guide and train apprentices
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Apprentices and aspiring apprentices welcome to apply!
- Journey Plumber Certification (preferred)
- 5 years experience in a similar role (preferred)
- Oil Burner experience considered an asset.
- Class “A” or “B” gas ticket considered an asset.
- Experience in the service or construction industry considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid safety certifications such as First Aid, TDG, CSTS, MEWP, H2S Alive, considered an asset.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to work well under pressure, individually and as part of a team
- Must possess tact and diplomacy
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently
- Excellent multi-tasking and work load prioritization abilities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Safety conscious
- Attention to detail
Kiwi Newton Group encourages people to enjoy work and working with others, to be creative and effective in teams, to be reliable for other team members and to develop efficient work habits to serve customers well and deliver best value excellent buildings and structures.
Kiwi Newton Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all applicants who consider themselves qualified.
Qualified candidates should email their resume or fax to: firstname.lastname@example.org 519-822-6159.
Please note that only candidates being invited to interview will be contacted, no agencies and no telephone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Recent jobs at Kiwi Newton