at Grand River Foods in Cambridge
Location: Grand River Foods is based in Cambridge, Ontario. Our location is commutable from a number of cities in the region: Kitchener, Waterloo, Brantford, Guelph, and more. For those living in Cambridge, our facility is located nearby a number of GRT transit stops.
GRF is currently seeking an experienced Millwright for our day and afternoon shifts.
Day shift: 5:00 am to 2:00 pm, Monday to Friday, some overtime required on weekends
Afternoon shift: 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm/ 2:00 pm – 11:00 pm (should be flexible), Monday to Friday, some overtime required on weekends
- Follow preventative maintenance programs to minimize disruptions in warehouse operations
- Ensure all material handling equipment is serviced as required
- Monitor and adjust equipment to lower utility costs
- Enforce established safety, health, contamination and housekeeping policies and procedures in order to minimize staff injuries, lost production time, damage, and contamination of product
- Track building and equipment repairs
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other duties as required
Wages and Benefits:
$39.00/hr to start, increasing to $41.39/hr upon successful completion of the three-month probationary period.
Wages starting from $31.04+/hr for apprentices, depending on years of schooling/training completed
GRF also offers its employees:
- Comprehensive benefits after three-month probation
- Option to participate in GRF Pension Program after three-month probation
- As an essential business, we can offer steady shifts with plenty of opportunity for overtime, even in these trying times
- Opportunity for advancement (Operators, Blenders, Team Leaders)
- Product can be purchased at a reduced cost
- All company PPE provided
GRF (Cambridge) embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. GRF (Cambridge) is dedicated to attracting, development and retaining talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, under the Human Rights Code accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the recruitment process, the candidate will need to make their accommodation need known to the HR Department.
- Proven track record working with mechanics, machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines), welding (ARC, TIG, MIG), and pneumatic & hydraulic fields is required
- 2-5 years' industrial mechanical experience, preferably in the food industry
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production equipment (spiral ovens, freezers, formers, cartoners, traypacks, bread and batter equipment)
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills
- Knowledge of appropriate health & safety and environmental regulations
- Adherence to Food Safety Protocols
- Must have Ontario Millwright License
Click "Apply now" button below or Submit your Resume by email: EmploymentOntarioJobDevelopment@regionofwaterloo.ca
Please state the Job Title and Company in the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected will be contacted for pre screening.