at Grand River Foods in Cambridge
Location: Grand River Foods is based in Cambridge, Ontario. Our location is commutable from a number of cities in the region: Kitchener, Waterloo, Brantford, Guelph, and more. For those living in Cambridge, our facility is located nearby a number of GRT transit stops.
Weekend shift : 5:00 am to 5:00 pm, every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Wages and Benefits:
$39.00/hr to start, increasing to $41.39/hr upon successful completion of the three-month probationary period.
Wages starting from $31.04+/hr for apprentices, depending on years of schooling/training completed
GRF also offers its employees:
- Comprehensive benefits after three-month probation
- Option to participate in GRF Pension Program after three-month probation
- As an essential business, we can offer steady shifts with plenty of opportunity for overtime, even in these trying times
- Opportunity for advancement (Operators, Blenders, Team Leaders)
- Product can be purchased at a reduced cost
- All company PPE provided
GRF (Cambridge) embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. GRF (Cambridge) is dedicated to attracting, development and retaining talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, under the Human Rights Code accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the recruitment process, the candidate will need to make their accommodation need known to the HR Department.
- Must be a Licensed Electrician, Apprentices also welcome
- Availability to work night shift, including Sundays. Hours of work 10pm - 7am
- Proven track record working with mechanics, machine shop practices, and pneumatic & hydraulic fields is required
- 2-5 years' industrial mechanical/electrical experience, preferably in the food industry
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production equipment (spiral ovens, freezers, formers, cartoners, traypacks, bread and batter equipment)
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Strong work ethic and ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills
- Ability to work in wet and cold/warm environment
- Knowledge of appropriate health & safety and environmental regulations
- Adherence to Food Safety Protocols
GRF operates in a cold, fast-paced, and physical environment. Applicants must be comfortable handling meat products (beef, pork, chicken, seafood, soy, etc.) and must be comfortable with 10-40 pounds of repetitive lifting.
Certified Electricians are responsible for the operation, maintenance and upkeep of the company’s production equipment in a manner that minimizes interruptions in the production facility, ensures employee safety, and maintains food safety at all times.
Click "Apply now" button below or Submit your Resume by email: EmploymentOntarioJobDevelopment@regionofwaterloo.ca
Please state the Job Title and Company in the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected will be contacted for pre screening.