at Gillies Lumber Inc. in Cambridge
Gillies Lumber is located at 777 Industrial Drive in Cambridge.
There is a GRT stop at this location.
Start date: ASAP
Day shift: Monday to Thursday 7am – 4:45pm Friday 7am – 3:30pm.
Wage: $17.00 per hour
Night shift: Monday to Thursday Night shift: 4:45pm – 4:15am
Wage: $18.00 per hour
Reporting directly to the Truss Production Manager and Line Leaders the successful candidate will work as part of a team to assemble precut lumber according to architectural and shop drawings.
- Plate Picking
- Employees assemble precut wood parts to build trusses and similar supports used in building construction.
- Move specified precut parts to work area and positions parts in jig by hand, following supervisor's instructions and blueprint specifications.
- Places metal reinforcement plates over connecting joints and connects parts at joints, using hammer, screwdriver, or pneumatic staple gun.
- Verifies dimensions of precut parts and accuracy of assembly, using ruler and gauges.
Qualified Candidates must be able to:
- Use various hand tools,
- Read and understand shop drawings,
- Read a tape measure,
- Work collaboratively in a team setting,
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Perform each essential task satisfactorily,
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee as well as the work environment characteristics an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Additionally, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Company pension
- Company paid Benefits including:
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care
- On-site parking
Health and Safety and Personal Protective Equipment:
- Must provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (2 doses of an approved vaccine) Subject to the Human Rights Code
- Must provide their own, Green Patch, work boots in good condition, all other PPE required will be provided.
Please note we appreciate all applicants however only qualified candidates will be contacted. Gillies Lumber Inc. is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment (if applicable) process as required in Gillies Lumber Inc. accessibility policies and procedures. Applicants must make their accommodation needs known upon requests for interviews.
Click "Apply now" button below or Submit your Resume by email: EmploymentOntarioJobDevelopment@regionofwaterloo.ca
Please state the Job Title and Company in the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected will be contacted for pre screening.