Warehouse Team Lead
at Rearz Inc in Cambridge
Hours/Shifts: 8 hour Day shift - Monday to Friday
Salary: $21.00 - $29.00 per hour
External Forklift Licence (Required)
First Aid Certification (Required)
Warehouse: 5 years (required)
The Warehouse Team Lead directs and supervises warehouse personnel and supervises the receiving, storing, and shipping of product to ensure the quality and accuracy of products, service, and operations. This includes planning and scheduling to meet daily demands, and overseeing safety, security, and cleanliness. The Warehouse Team Lead is also responsible for ensuring employee training, certifications, and safety regulation compliance. The Warehouse Team Lead must possess and apply interpersonal skills to motivate and coach employees to meet individual productivity requirements and take corrective actions when necessary to ensure employment requirements are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the processes associated with the shipping, receiving, and storing of all sizes and modes of shipments.
- Accurately prepare and review international shipping documents
- Plan, schedule and manage workforce to meet daily operational demands including training, verifying certifications and qualifications, and monitoring individual employee productivity levels.
- Apply interpersonal and communication skills to motivate the workforce, convey professional growth opportunities and implement corrective measures if necessary to ensure productivity levels are met.
- Maintain facility safety, organisation and cleanliness.
- Protect warehouse staff and employees by enforcing proper personal protective equipment (PPE) use; ensuring training and certifications are up to date; monitoring wage/hour law compliance; assuring compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Covering vacation and absent days in the warehouse.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean work environment. This may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Maintaining the electric forklift and other warehouse equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in English and basic math.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A college degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in shipping and distribution or a related field or combination of college and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel), UPS, Fedex, Shiptime, Shipstation, and Canada Post desktop shipping tools
- Must be able to operate powered industrial trucks (forklifts) and possess a valid licence.
The work environment is indoors. The employee on occasion will perform outside work and would be exposed to local weather conditions. Moderate noise levels occur in the warehouse from powered industrial trucks sounding their horns.
The work schedule is 5 days a week, and 8 hours a day. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs such as peak seasons. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends, and is on call for ½ days on the weekend. Warehouse team leads may be called to cover for sick staff.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, and lifting 20 pounds frequently.
- Physically able to participate in unloading of products from shipping containers by hand.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Frequent use of the upper extremities to handle product, use tools, and unload shipping containers.
- Must know and follow proper office, safety, and security protocols, including emergency procedures.
- Able to train employees to operate powered industrial trucks and other equipment.
- Accurately generate timely reports on operations using Microsoft Office and Oracle applications.
- Able to devise schedules and plans of action, and assess them regularly.
- Possesses organisational skills to manage shipments and paperwork for multiple orders of all sizes and modes of transport to all kinds of destinations.
- Must be ready to address problems promptly when problems arise, or be ready to anticipate problems before they happen.
The Warehouse Team Lead oversees the operations of the warehouse and has direct supervision over all employees associated with the processes of product manufacturing, storing, picking, shipping, and receiving. Warehouse Team Leads are focused on time, making sure every item of stock gets to its destination on time, and that there are no shortages on shelves. They make sure the equipment is regularly serviced and help train new employees. Depending on the job, Warehouse Team Leads may have similar duties to a scheduler or logistician. The Warehouse Team Lead may interview and hire employees, and create schedules. Finally, the Warehouse Team Lead is in charge of health and safety, and maintaining a clean and safe workplace. They are expected to be the first on site in case of an after hours emergency.
You will need to speak frequently with coworkers.
You will need to interview employees and resolve conflicts, as well as keep employees motivated and on-task. You will also cover vacation, sick time, peak season, and time off work in the warehouse.
How to Apply:
Click on the "Apply Now" button below or send an email with your resume to email@example.com, attention Jen F.