MTBI - Machine Tool Builder and Integrator
at Eclipse Automation in Cambridge
Pay Scale: $24.00 to $35.00 / Hour
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Mechanical Production Supervisors, the MTBI will assist in development and implementation of mechanical manufacturing policies and procedures, liaise directly with other department personnel to ensure project goals are met on budget, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
- Ability identify individual components (both manufactured and purchased) and use them to create sub-assemblies for work cells, stations and other automated equipment
- Assemble, fit, align, plumb, and integrate work stations or systems that may include pneumatics and hydraulics, electrical sensing components, power transmission systems, conveyor systems and feeder systems
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings including pneumatic/hydraulic schematics, BOMs, and detailed assembly drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, and perform required repairs to automation equipment
- Must be proficient in the operation and setup of conventional machine shop equipment including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders, and hand tools in order to manufacture components to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- In process and final part verification including dimensional, part features (using GD&T), surface finishes to drawing specifications using shop measurement tools (Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gauges, Indicators etc.)
- Experience with use of overhead cranes, forklifts and scissor lifts
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and actively participate in group meetings
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel as required in varying timelines
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not projected to be met by expected due dates
- Adhere to the Eclipse Project Operating Policy
- Maintain good corporate citizen role in support of the Eclipse Corporate Vision
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Eclipse Automation Inc. Conduct Code
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
- Foster the development of a culture reflective of the core values of the business
- Maintain a calm and professional attitude
- Clean and organized work habits are a must
- Travel to customer location for service and install
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Must provide MVR driving record
- Must have Valid Passport
- Candidate is the owner of a Certificate of Qualification for a Millwright, Tool & Die Maker, or Machine Tool Builder and Integrator or has demonstrated equivalent experience in a automation/manufacturing environment
- 5+ years’ experience in a custom automation manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with SolidWorks is an asset
This position is open for Eclipse HQ in Cambridge, Ontario.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
How to Apply:
For assistance and support with your application, Click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For a direct apply to the company, and to view additional positions they are recruiting for visit: https://www.eclipseautomation.com/careers/
Recent jobs at Eclipse Automation