Supply Childhood Educator
at YW Kitchener- Waterloo in Kitchener
Who We Are
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is part of a global movement connecting over 25 million women in 125 countries. With over a century of dedication to women and their families, the YW Kitchener-Waterloo serves the community as one of our region’s largest non-profit organizations. We envision an equitable world where women, gender diverse people, families, youth, and children thrive in inclusive communities.
YW team members work in a stimulating and rewarding environment that values diversity of individuals and ideas. If you have a desire to enrich your life and find purpose in the work you do every day, we encourage you to apply.
EXTERNAL and INTERNAL JOB OPPORTUNITY
YW Kitchener-Waterloo invites applications for
Position: SUPPLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
(ongoing, unionized position, Monday to Friday)
Various Childcare Centre Locations in Kitchener
Hours & Compensation:
Hours: Shifts scheduled throughout Monday to Friday as needed
Pay Rate: $19.656 per hour, with an additional 2% in lieu of benefits
Start Date: ASAP
As a member of our dynamic Early Learning & Childcare team, you will provide support and assistance to part-time and full-time childcare staff and program participants:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a stimulating, developmentally appropriate play-based program for children and their families
-Take an active role as part of the Centre’s professional child care team
- Provide a warm and nurturing environment for children and families and act as a positive role model for both
- Ensure the health and safety of the children
- Maintains professional relations with members of the community of effect and or affected by our program while maintaining confidentiality of clients as outlined in the YW policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as reasonably assigned
Skills, Qualifications, & Requirements:
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in the area of Early Childhood Education and development.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education (asset)
- Previous experience working with children in a licensed childcare setting
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Child Care and Early Years Act and use of environmental assessment tools.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff, parents, children, and the public.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification (required)
- Up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Check documentation (required)
Vaccine Verification - As a condition of employment you are required to provide confirmation that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 or have proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer based on government regulations. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the YW Kitchener-Waterloo.
How to Apply:
Online through Indeed
Or in writing to: YW Children’s Services
email@example.com ~ 153 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2H 2M2
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process we will work with you to meet your needs.
Recent jobs at YW Kitchener- Waterloo