at YW Kitchener- Waterloo in Kitchener
(permanent full-time, non-union position)
1470 BLOCK LINE ROAD SUPPORTIVE / AFFORDABLE HOUSING, KITCHENER
Who We Are
YW Kitchener-Waterloo is part of a global movement connecting over 25 million women in 125 countries.
With over a century of dedication to women and their families, the YW Kitchener-Waterloo serves the community as one of our region’s largest non-profit organizations. We envision an equitable world where women, gender diverse people, families, youth, and children thrive in inclusive communities.
YW team members work in a stimulating and rewarding environment that values diversity of individuals and ideas. If you have a desire to enrich your life and find purpose in the work you do every day, we encourage you to apply.
Hours & Compensation:
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday. Occasional on-call or after-hours responsibilities.
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Registered Pension Plan (4.5% Employer contribution)
Extended Health and Dental Benefits
Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
3 weeks vacation
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Sick Time (based on accrual)
You will help to support the housing needs of our tenants in the following ways:
- Coordinate and monitor all contracted services for YW Supportive and Affordable Housing, and maintain facility and grounds.
- Maintain budget for the building and monitor adequacy of capital reserve funding.
- Prepare annual work plan and oversee implementation of preventative maintenance.
- Implement fire prevention and response measures, and oversee other safety matters.
- Develop and implement a salt management plan (SMP) with best management practices according to the requirements of the City of Kitchener. SMPs aim to address salt storage, salt application and disposal of snow containing road salts.
- Respond to requests or complaints from tenants about property management issues and facilitate proper solutions.
- Assist the Support Services Coordinator in making decisions about eligibility, and availability of social services and income support to tenants. Advocate on tenants' behalf as requested or delegated.
- Assist successful applicants with move-in arrangements, and ensure proper orientation of new tenants including policies and procedures and monitors their compliance to them.
- Consult with the Director of Homelessness and Housing Services about non-compliance issues and advise the Director of needed policy and procedural changes.
- Receive and process monthly rents. Maintain tenant records and verify income and household status on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare and submit required financial and statistical reports and notifies Director of Homelessness and Housing of rent in arrears. Responsible for ensuring optimal cash flow.
- Involve tenants in consultation and action around environmental and conservation issues and actively supports the implementation of environment responsible programs.
- Participate in Regional Municipality of Waterloo’s Coordinated Access system to ensure equitable access to housing for women and participates in the development of regional policies and procedures.
- Maintain records of the functioning of the property. This includes all rents, income and expenses and records of complaints, repairs, leases, maintenance requests, invoices, and insurance costs.
Skills, Qualifications, & Requirements:
- Knowledge of property management, mechanical systems, contracting, purchasing and tendering.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and panels.
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a related field and/or 2-3 years of practical experience in property management.
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Familiarity with Modular Housing requirements, the Ontario Building and Fire Codes, the Tenant Protection Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act, Residential Tenancies Act, the Regional Municipality of Waterloo guidelines and any other relevant information.
- Strong administrative, computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and email communication.
- Ability to write letters, memoranda and notices to applicants, tenants, contractors, and service providers.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the needs of low-income, women led families, and tenants facing physical, mental or emotional challenges.
- Strong supervisory and dynamic leadership skills.
How to Apply:
Online through Indeed
Or in writing to: Abla Tsolu, Director of Homelessness and Housing Services, Abla.Tsolu@ywkw.ca
YW Home Office, 153 Frederick Street Kitchener, ON N2H 2L7
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vaccine Verification - As a condition of employment you are required to provide confirmation that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or commitment to obtain (within 30 days of hiring) full vaccination or proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the YW Kitchener-Waterloo.
The YW is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from individuals of all races, colour, ethnic origin, |religions, abilities, gender identity, and sexual orientations. If you require accommodation throughout the hiring process,we will work with you to meet your needs.
Recent jobs at YW Kitchener- Waterloo