at Seagram Lofts in Waterloo
Proactive, detail-oriented individuals are needed to provide site management for our landmark heritage condominium community in Uptown Waterloo. You will be part of a team that provides on-site, front-line management to address a wide variety of day-to-day activities at the buildings.
Applicants with both full time and part time interests will be considered, so please specify when applying. Please note that housing is not provided for this position as it is a live-out superintendent position.
The Seagram Lofts is a boutique condominium community in two historic, heritage-designated converted warehouse buildings in the core of Uptown Waterloo. 104 units are mainly residential households, with some mixed commercial on the ground floor. A friendly and evolving community of homeowners with professional management, the Seagram Lofts are a community that takes pride in our property and appreciates all of our property care professionals as valued community members. The work is on-site physical work and client care; it is dynamic, sometimes unpredictable, and suits a broad range of background and skills. You will interact daily with some of the friendliest residents and enthusiastic colleagues to be found in this city.
Ontario Condominiums are owner-occupied, non-profit housing corporations, funded by their members and governed by volunteer Directors. The Seagram Lofts takes pride in its collaborative and accessible Board structure.
We are seeking one or more individuals interested in joining our property care team for the long term, be that as part-time or full time members. You will be joining one experienced staff member, a very busy but engaged and caring Property Manager, and a roster of regular contract specialists who all make a valuable contribution to holding up the old brick walls in Uptown Waterloo.
- Part time or Full time position available
- Full time hours range between 35-40 hours on-site work per week
- Regularly scheduled hours would cover 7:00am or 8:00am to 6:00pm or 8:00pm depending on need during weekdays and half-day shifts on Saturday, Sunday and some holidays
- Some on-call and short-notice on-site hours will be required
- Flexibility for hours is a must to meet changing needs
- Based on experience and skill
- The Seagram Lofts, although not certified, have committed to referencing the Waterloo Region Living Wage as a minimum hourly rate guideline
- Paid vacation
- Job specific training and certifications provided
- Tools and technology needed for the job are provided
- Paid overtime compensation for after-hours at 1.5x rate
- Casual dress code
- Opportunity to be a proactive advisor to management and volunteer board members
- Managing day to day building operations
- Initial contact for residents’ requests and concerns
- Daily cleaning throughout the interior and exterior of both buildings
- Light repair and minor maintenance tasks
- Additional duties as required
- Excellent communication and record-keeping skills
- The ability to troubleshoot, identify issues and source solutions to reach resolution
- A track record of working well with colleagues and clients
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience in maintaining residential properties is an asset but not required
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination upon hire
- Satisfactory police record check required
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button or,
Submit your resume by email: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca Please add “Residential Superintendent – Seagram Lofts” to the subject line as we have multiple employers and job postings.