at Enervac in Cambridge
Who We Are
Enervac™ International ULC joined the Clark-Reliance® family in 2016. Enervac has a strong tradition in the development of technologies and systems to manage liquid waste resources effectively and efficiently. Our customers see the results of our efforts where it counts most… at the bottom line.
What is an Electrician?
The Electrician is responsible to assemble mechanical parts of electrical equipment, test actions of moving parts and verify completed assembly against pictorial drawings.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will have a 309A or 442A Electrician license and at least one year experience in machine or commercial wiring. Experience with motors, drives and working with electrical controls in an industrial environment are a plus. The hours for this position are 6:45am-3:15pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble electrical portion of all equipment, pulling wire, installing electrical conduit and terminating all connections as required.
- Wire machine controls, including displays, indicator lights, sensors, photo-eyes, solenoids, motors, relays, etc.
- Responsible for the assembly and wiring of control panels and oil and gas systems as per drawings and relevant electrical codes.
- Installation and wiring of control panels onto equipment.
- Neat and organized installation of conduit and cabling throughout equipment and trailers.
- Perform equipment testing, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair.
- Compliance and understanding of all related legislative and corporate criteria.
- May travel to commission and provide training on equipment in the field.
- Ensure accurate completion of work orders, requisitions and other documentation.
- Effectively use material handling equipment when necessary (such as: lift trucks, tow motors, cranes, high lifts, etc.).
- Comply with all safety procedures in each area assigned, including but not limited to, wearing protective clothing, special handling of chemicals, special handling of product, safety/rescue equipment usage, etc.
- Interact and communicate with all levels of employees within the Company, as well as suppliers, customers and peers effectively.
- Comply with policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Company.
- Maintain quality assurance policy consistent with ISO standards.
- Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Education
- 309A or 442A Electrician license required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Able to read, write, and follow verbal instructions in Standard English.
- One year experience in machine or commercial wiring.
- Experience with motors, drives and working with electrical controls in an industrial environment preferred.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, taking directions from drawings or verbal instruction.
- Ability to understand wiring diagrams, PLC ladder diagrams, PLC programs, electrical schematics.
- Ability to troubleshoot control circuits.
- Ability to use electrical and mechanical tools, including meters, buzz lights, wrenches, screwdrivers and drills.
- Ability to handle non-routine, standard projects and tasks.
Physical and Technical Environment
- Must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques or other available resources such as lifting or moving equipment or help from another employee.
- Required to wear impact goggles, face shield and hearing protection when using hand held grinders.
- Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office and shop area, walking, climbing stairs.
- Regularly required to walk or stand, bend or twist, climb, reach with hands or arms.
- Clean and orderly manufacturing environment, some exposure to electrical and mechanical hazards.
- Exposure to noise, dust, heat and cold on a regular basis.
- Overtime required to respond to project deadlines.
- Exposure to machine and tool hazards requiring care and attention to safety rules and standards.
- Must respond to changing requirements and working conditions.
Benefits and Perks
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development Opportunities
- Training Opportunities
- Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
- Wellness Programs
- Paid Vacation
More about Enervac™ International ULC
ENERVAC has built a world-wide reputation for delivering high-performance engineered products that meet or exceed customer needs. In any climate or environment (including hazardous locations), ENERVAC liquid & gas processing and recovery systems provide the most efficient, cost-effective and reliable solutions available in the industry.
Clark-Reliance is a world class manufacturing company, serving customers in over 120 countries in the power generation, refining, gas processing, and chemical industries. The company is dedicated to supplying the largest and broadest product line in the instrumentation industry for all types of measurement and control. Key acquisitions over the last few decades have solidified Clark-Reliance as a leader in the separation and filtration industries as well.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Enervac is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Enervac offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
How to Apply:
For assistance and support with your application, Click on the "Apply Now" button below.
For a direct apply to the company, apply via the company website at: www.enervac.com (go to the careers section and type in the position name)
JD: Jen F
Recent jobs at Enervac