at S&R Nursing Homes Ltd. in Kitchener
Steeves & Rozema Group is a leader in “creating communities that are good for life”. With over 45 years of commitment and dedication to the seniors in our communities we are looking to hire the “best of the best” to join our team.
If you are a Personal Support Worker (PSW) with passion and a heart that is motivated to provide the best support and care for residents in a Seniors Living setting we want to hear from you. Currently we are offering a part-time, days PSW position at our Seniors Living Home in Kitchener, ON.
- Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong team orientation
- Trained in CPR and First Aid
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fosters and maintains the resident’s independence and trust
- Provides appropriate and safe techniques in assisting with activities of daily living and independent living
- Performs household duties as assigned
- Maintains a clean and healthy environment for the Resident
- Immediately reports changes in Resident to the Director of Care
- Recognizes emergency situations and the appropriate action to take
- Provides assistance in all needed areas as directed
- Creates a community wide environment that protects the confidentiality of the residents, Team Members and activities
- Protects their own health and the health of other by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately and attending all relevant in-services regarding occupational health and safety
- Follows all guidelines for Team Members and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through the Steeves & Rozema Group’s Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities.
S&R Group follows all Infection Control Policies and standards as set forth by local Public Health Units. Appropriate PPE is provided to all staff.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Now" and attach resume.
Email resume to Job Developer Sarah J: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca. **Please add "PSW PT Days" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.**
Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted for pre-screening.
Recent jobs at S&R Nursing Homes Ltd.