at S&R Nursing Homes Ltd. in Kitchener
S&R Nursing Homes Ltd. is a leader in “creating communities that are good for life”. With over 45 years of commitment and dedication to the seniors in our communities we are looking to hire the “best of the best” to join our team.
If you are a Food Service Worker/Dietary Aide with passion and a heart that is motivated to provide the best support and care for residents in a Long Term Care setting we want to hear from you. Currently we are offering Full-Time Days at our Retirement home in Kitchener, ON.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals to our Residents in a safe, sanitary manner in accordance with Public Health Regulations, MOH guidelines, Canada’s Food Guide and in compliance with the Sanitation Code
- Responsible for ensuring a clean, safe working environment, maintaining this responsibility by safe working habits, using correct hand washing techniques and routine cleaning
- Serve attractive, nutritious meals in a pleasant, respectful manner, mindful of the special diets, textures and needs of the Residents
- Practice safe usage of all equipment within the department and the ability to clean, sanitize and maintain the equipment as outlined in the cleaning schedules
- Take temperatures of food and equipment as required as per the Policy and Procedure manual
- Check and put away stock upon receiving department orders
- Set-up, clean and serve in the dining rooms daily, set tables, portion meals, clean dishes and other duties as required
- Replace absent co-workers as is necessary in the absence of the Manager of Food Services according to S&R Policies and Procedures
- Willing to get certification or currently have the Food Handlers Course with recertification every 5 years (available online, 1 day course)
- Enrolled or completed the Food Service Worker training diploma
- Knowledge of the Therapeutic Diets and Textures an asset
- Long Term Care experience is an asset
- Ability to work well with other members of a team
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through the Steeves & Rozema Group’s Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Now" and attach resume.
Email resume to Job Developer Sarah J: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca. **Please add "Dietary Aide LV" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.**
Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted for pre-screening.
Recent jobs at S&R Nursing Homes Ltd.