at Pearle Hospitality in Cambridge
We are seeking Sous Chefs to join the talented team at the Cambridge Mill, located in downtown Galt.
The Sous Chef plays a key role for the back of house team and is accountable for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Acting as a leader, alongside the Executive Chef, this individual is a role model for employees in the kitchen and is responsible for guiding and developing direct reports. An experienced culinary talent, the sous chef understands the workings of each station, how they interact with other stations and what is required for success at each. The Sous Chef leads the line in the preparation of high-quality, delicious food made in a thoughtful, consistent, and timely manner. The individual in this position thrives on surpassing guest expectations and providing an incredible culinary experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation
- Embodies a great culture, creates a high level of staff engagement, and assures their team understands expectations
- Works directly with members of all teams (line cooks, dining room & event servers, management and support staff) to ensure overall team organization, development, adherence to standards and execution excellence
- Actively & positively assists in the creation of menus
- Ensure each station is prepared, mis-en-place is complete and sufficient for the upcoming service with all items neatly organized and stored properly
- Maintain quality and consistency in the taste of all dishes throughout preparation and during execution of service
- Thoughtfully practice product care by rotating par levels for freshness and regularly perform product temperatures checks
- Follow Chef’s lead to accommodate special requests, dietary restrictions and/or allergies of guests understanding the importance of adhering to established guidelines
- Follow established cleaning schedule and always use proper food handling procedures; ensure other members of BOH team consistently do the same
- Understand how to properly and safely operate all equipment and communicate that knowledge to others
- Participate in product ordering and inventory- always being aware of low product counts or lack of product
- Meticulously clean the kitchen, ensuring work areas are spotless and all product is properly stored
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency while remaining poised during peak periods while seeking out additional tasks during slower periods
- Minimum of 3 years working in a professional kitchen
- Minimum one year as CDP or Sous Chef
- Advanced skills, and a passion for, the culinary arts
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate activities of direct reports
- Strong understanding of daily production needs and working within a budget for food costs and labour
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
Our team receives numerous employment benefits including dining, spa, and accommodation discounts; growth and development opportunities; Pearle Rewards program and more! We offer competitive wages along with a fun, caring and supportive work environment.
***Signing bonus for for successful candidates***
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including the Cambridge Mill, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Now" and attach resume.
Email resume to Job Developer Sarah J: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca.
**Please add "Sous Chef Cambridge Mill" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.**
Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted for pre-screening.
Recent jobs at Pearle Hospitality