at Pearle Hospitality in Cambridge
Join our talented opening team at The Cambridge Mill! Share your passion for delicious food and create incredible guest experiences!
The Pastry Cook at The Cambridge Mill is responsible for the preparation of high-quality, delicious food in a thoughtful, consistent and timely manner. This individual has an eye for detail and plays a key role in surpassing guest expectations and providing incredible culinary experiences. The ideal candidate for this position is enthusiastic and enjoys working in a team environment.
Location: Cambridge Mill
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain quality and consistency in taste, temperature and freshness of menu items
- Responsible for maintaining station throughout shift, working efficiently, and making cleanliness a priority
- Exhibit a positive optimism and upbeat personality toward guests, suppliers, vendors, and members of the FOH and BOH teams
What we would like you to bring to the position:
- Food Handler Certification
- Good knowledge of baking and dessert production
- Experience in the preparation of modern plated dessert components, including frozen elements
- Some experience in the production of chocolates and confections an asset
- 1 year of experience
- Communication: Listen attentively to direction from Executive Chef and Pastry Chef and communicate with other Cooks to ensure meal components are being produced on time and to standard.
- Adaptability: Ability to remain poised and professional in a fast-paced environment and positively interact with a variety of diverse guests and team members.
- Attention to detail: Produce menu items to expectations of guests and remain mindful of any specific accommodations noted for the dish, including any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Positive attitude: Exhibit a passion for the culinary arts and a desire to learn from kitchen leaders and other team members.
Why join The Cambridge Mill Team:
- Competitive wages
- Discounts at all Pearle Hospitality properties (restaurants, hotels and spas)
- Training and Development to support personal & professional growth
- Career opportunities across all Pearle Hospitality properties
- A fun place to work with an amazing team & company culture!
- Marriott employee discounts.
Pearle Hospitality and affiliated companies, including The Cambridge Mill, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the Hiring Manager.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Now" and attach resume.
Email resume to Job Developer Sarah J: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca.
**Please add "Pastry Cook Cambridge Mill" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.**
Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted for pre-screening.
Recent jobs at Pearle Hospitality