Maitre D' (full and part-time)
at Pearle Hospitality in Cambridge
Anyone who has attended an event at the Cambridge Mill knows that attention to detail, elegant dining rooms and attentive service are the cornerstone that has made our historic building the first choice in Waterloo Region and beyond. This reputation is made possible through the hard work, and leadership of our Maître D team.
The point of contact for any event, they are entrusted with managing the staff, timeline, and details of their event. This is accomplished by delivering genuine and thoughtful hospitality to our guests, while motivating and leading their team to do the same. The Maitre D, while being confident and assertive, must also possess the ability to be flexible and remain calm under pressure – understanding that guest experience is of utmost importance.
Come explore your future in events management!
This position requires late night, weekend and holiday work.
Location: Cambridge Mill
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares by reviewing upcoming contracts
- Communicates effectively with kitchen and events manager throughout the event
- Effective delegation of staff duties/assignments
- Review event timeline and décor with day-of contact
- Review chapel, cocktail and reception room setup with Wedding Concierge and Event Manager
- Conduct kitchen and staff briefings
- Confirm bar setup and service
- Ensure staff adherence to company uniform standards
- Accurate recording and submission of order tally – including particular attention to allergies and dietary restrictions
- Seamless execution of food service through ongoing communication with kitchen and event host/MC/co-ordinator
- Conduct quality checks with event hosts
- Monitor staff adherence to ongoing table maintenance and room cleanliness
- Ownership of property cleanliness and organization
- Preparation and collection for next event
- Assist client with teardown and removal of décor
- Effective and timely shutdown of event space
- Holds event staff accountable to Pearle’s Standards related to service, appearance, etc
- Completion of event summaries at the conclusion of all events
As part of the Pearle Hospitality family, Cambridge Mill team members enjoy dining and accommodation benefits, staff appreciation draws with awesome prizes, Pearle Rewards, delicious staff meals and more! We are a company where employees can join a new and growing team with the opportunity to learn and cultivate a wide range of skills.
How to Apply:
Please click "Apply Now" and attach resume.
Email resume to Job Developer Sarah J: EmploymentOntario@regionofwaterloo.ca.
**Please add "Maitre D’ Cambridge Mill" to the subject line as we have multiple employers and jobs posted.**
Thank you for your patience during this difficult and challenging time. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted for pre-screening.
Recent jobs at Pearle Hospitality